Panic Attack

Vivian's POV

I can do this.

"Ready to go?" Sebastian asks, bringing me back to the current situation.

We were standing in front of Mr Jackson's mansion, my arm linked with Sebastian's. We were a little late due to my extended shopping, but that was just to annoy Sebastian.

"Let's go." I speak. My voice was void of any emotions, my face betraying nothing about what's going on in my mind.

We walk inside and Mrs Jackson greeted us, with a smile on her face.

"Good evening. It is such a pleasure you joined us today dear." She says in her not so natural tone.

"When does this party get over?" I ask her, rather rudely if I say so. A look of hurt passes her eyes but it was fake. I know Mrs Jackson, and just how well she masters the art of faking.

"It just started, stay for as long as you want." She said, then noticed Sebastian. "It's a pleasure to see you here." She turns and leaves.

I look at Sebastian with a confused look. "Why did she say that?" I ask him.

"No idea." He replies, looking around. I look at the arrangements made by Mr and Mrs Jackson. They had decorated the hall in white and gold. That was our family color in a way.

The place was full of people, most of whom I knew. I spot Mr Jackson talking to a man. Wait, I know that man. Gabriel Quinn, father of Jason. They were a little away from us, so I lead Sebastian away from where they stood.

"If you want to leave, tell me anytime." Sebastian said, his voice low. I nod and spot Bennet coming towards us.

"Hey. You here?" He asked, shocked that I attended this.

"Nope. This is just a dream." I speak, a small smile on my face.

"I was right then, I am just daydreaming again." He says, jokingly. "I will be back soon, no idea where Kelly went." He mutters the last part and leaves, before giving a nod to Sebastian.

I look at Sebastian and ask him the question that has been on my mind since sometime, "What did you mean by being exclusively yours?" 

"I was wondering when you'd ask." He mutters, "It means, till the time we are together, you cannot date anyone else, nor can you have any one night stands, my ego issues. But you surely can talk to any guy, I wouldn't mind. Unless I hate them. In return, I too will be totally devoted to your cause ." He explains.

"So, no flirting either?" 

"Not in front of an audience."

"This year is our last, the finals will come up soon, till then can we extend the deal?" 

"You mean till June?" 

"Yes."

"6 months?"

"Yes."

"Okay." 

"I suppose we can leave in the next hour, till then let's pretend we would rather be somewhere else." I tell. My heels were hurting my feet, I clearly bought a wrong size. Nothing can be done now. 

"You do realize that you started your year by fainting?" He asks out of the blues.

"My sort of amusement." I reply with a small smile. His hand in mine provided me warmth. The hall was full of lights, but not the bright ones. Oh no, that would be a disgrace to the Jackson family. We enjoyed pale lights.