Protect You

Vivian's POV

"I am leaving. I never want to talk to you after this..... No can get to know." I hear his voice as I slowly wake up.

He was again talking to someone on the phone. He sounded so angry.

"I don't think you need to worry where I got the money from. ...... How could you even think I would steal from her!?" He stops talking for a few minutes.

I ignore and try to get back to sleeping. Then he starts talking after some time.

"Hey Alec." He starts. "I sold my car. Can you pick me up?... I will be waiting-"

"Talk outside." I mumble into the pillow. I turn to look at him, the bright light in the room.

"I'm sorry, amour." He comes up to me and kisses my forehead. Then he leaves the room.

I try to get back to sleep, but I was already up.

Ugh! So I throw out the blanket and get up.

Then it registers that Sebastian left the house.  Getting into the bathroom, I take a shower.

My thoughts go to my parents. I think I should go and talk to them. Maybe this time they might be more willing to listen.

Thinking such, I get dressed and leave the house. While grabbing my keys, I notice Sebastian's keys are gone-

He sold his car!

Clearly he needed the money. But for what?

I should call him. But he was in a hurry to go, so maybe it's important.

I will talk to him tonight then. With that I drop a message to his phone, telling him where I'm going.
--------------------

"Good afternoon, Miss Vivian." The head Butler open the door, Winston looks pretty old now. He has been working for the family since before I was born.

"Hello. Is my mother home?" I ask, getting inside. The last time I was here, the place was in party mode. Now it was back to normal. But normal for The Jackson's is nothing short of extravagance.

"She is. I will inform her now." He states and leaves me in the main hall.

I settle on the couch, as a maid comes with a glass of water. Thanking her, I take the glass, which shocks her.

She turns around to leave when I call her out.

"Marie, how's Joe doing?" I never talked to these people, yet I liked keeping tabs on their lives. It made up for my story time. Though now I think differently.

"He's doing good, madam." She answers timidly.

"He should be four years old now, right?" I ask.

"In a week." She answers.

"I-"

"Please excuse us." Comes the voice of Mrs Jackson, who stands on the top stair.

Marie rushes out as I get up.

"Fancy seeing you here." Mothers comes down.

"I...I wanted to mend things." I say. "Rather, I wanted to know whether you were ready to hear me out fully this time?"

Her eyes soften as she asks me to follow her. We enter into her gardening room. She securely closes the doors and sits.

"You father and I never....we never disbelieve you. It was just something we could do nothing about. Your father is an arrogant man. He will always place his work and reputation ahead of his family. I had to do the same or this marriage wouldn't have worked out."