Food Dreams

Vivian's POV

I woke up with someone's arms around me, my mind was blank. I was about to scream when I saw Sebastian's calm sleeping face next to mine. A little stubble adorned his jaw, which I found extremely sexy. 

I reach a hand out and stroke his cheek, which made him pull me closer to him. He mumbled something about building a pizza castle. A chuckle leaves me, but I stop when he starts shifting a little. Thankfully, he goes back to his dream land. 

Sebastian was blissfully unaware of my secrets, and I planned to keep it that way. But now I was doubting it. Should I let him in? 

But who was he to me? A stranger who had stupidly made a deal with me, without knowing the danger in it. 

It was a lie, I knew he cared more than he showed, yet again, it could be an act. A perfect act. How could I even tell him about my demons when he hid his skeletons in the closet? But this wasn't a trade, these were feelings. 

Feelings were more dangerous, but I wanted to take the risk. 

As much as I try to hide it, I knew. I knew very well that Jason would manipulate the truth and tell him. That scared me, I didn't want Sebastian to think bad about me. 

I moved my hand back as if the touch burned me. 

I can't feel like this, it makes me vulnerable. So what if he judges me, as if the entire world doesn't.

The reason why the camera's still follow me around is because I was once famous too. My parents had asked me to join modelling at the age of 8 and I didn't like the emptiness of our house and wanting to please my parents, I agreed.

So when I suddenly dropped all my contracts and shows at 18, people were curious. They saw how the clean record, bubbly girl became a scandal herself. And they craved to know the reason.

Also hooking up with a few celebrities for a night increased my demand too. But I didn't want that. Yet I couldn't care enough to change.

But now I find myself back to same place I started from. I feel the things I felt at that time, the same need to please. And that scared me to no end. I didn't want to become like that weak girl again.

I stared at his face like a creep, but I couldn't look away. I don't know for how I long I lay there, still as a rock. Slowly he opened his eyes. His eyes met mine, and then a smile broke out on his face. 

"'morning." His morning voice. It was so raspy and rough. I didn't answer. And then as if he remembered something, he pulled me to his chest. "Oh my god, Vivian! You scared me so much, but that doesn't matter. It's all alright now." He stroked my hair. I didn't say anything yet again. He moves away, getting out of the bed. "It's okay if you don't want to talk right now. Go and freshen up. We can leave once you are done."

He leaves the room, after kissing my forehead. I stare at the place he just left from. How could a person be so...vibrant? He was starting to understand me more than anyone. That would mean that soon he will look through me and see the web of lies.

I was always going in circles when it came to Sebastian. At one point I decide I am going to build a big wall against him, and the next I think that I am going to let him in. Frickle-minded, that's what I am.

I get up from the bed. Only then do I realize that my gown is kept on the chair next to a table, and I was dressed in a nice silk nightgown.

The thought of Sebastian changing my clothes, struck my mind. He wasn't that kind of a guy but we were supposed to be engaged. So he had no choice.