Chapter 13

Gloin's POV
Oin finally brought the wood I asked from the woods. He was all covered in dirt and looked really tired.
"What happened to you?" I asked, as he put the woods in the ditch I previously made. The bark he brought was good. It was old and dry, the best kind of wood you can burn. I remember once, Oin and I had to make the fire, but it was raining it took us some time more, because we had to dry the bark and it wasn't very old, which makes it harder to burn. Oin swore he would never make any fires again, look at him now. He's the first to say he'll go to gather the bark.
"There was a hole in the ground, I think it might have been a trap from the last battle" he said cleaning his brow from sweat "What a trap that one was" I chuckled, he's not a very observant dwarf so I got why he fell. "Go and clean yourself up, I can manage this fire alone, don't worry" He just nodded and went to our tent.
I put the lodges making a kind of pit, then in the middle the dry bark, on top of that I placed some dried grass. I, obviously, added our secret recipe for making fire more intense and more durable. I sparked the wood up and a beautiful flame came out. I didn't realise I was doing this with an audience, and quite the audience because it was Bilbo Baggings, our thief.
"Oh didn't see you there, Mr. Baggings. Forgive me, how are you?"
"Oh don't worry Oin, I'm actually very well. Oh and please call me Bilbo, I've fought beside you." He gestured with his hand, "How are you my friend?" He seemed relaxed and happy ever since Thorin and him have gotten on the right terms. He was watching the fire, as if asking it for answers.
"I'm very well, I love making fire" I chuckled, and he smiled.

Thorin's POV
I saw the bonfire in the distance, Oin was tending to the fire and Bilbo was sitting on a log. The dim light was illuminating the trees not reaching the treetops. Darkness was creeping through the trees yet fire drove it away. The fire projected their shadows on the ground and connected to the darkness of the trees. The stars above were many and it reminded me, of the clear skies near our mountain. I know we're going to get it back. I approached them, and sat and the end of the log Bilbo was sitting on. "I guess the humans will be a big aid now they are trained" finished Bilbo. Both looked at me. "So Thorin, still no news from Gandalf?" asked Gloin. "Uh.." My voice sounded hoarse, I cleared my throat and continued "No, I have already sent orders to Fili and Kili to bring the army". I looked at Bilbo.
The light was gently caressing his skin, making every freckle seem much darker. The light kindly touched his eyes, lighting them just enough to notice their colour brown. He was sitting in an upright position, his legs crossed and his hands on his lap, always as posh and domestic as ever. His overused clothes were covered in dirt, but still conserved a glimpse of who he was. Bilbo Baggins has changed, from being an unadventurous hobbit to becoming my burglar and my lovely fixed idea. He was looking at me and for a moment, everything stopped. My heart started to pump, my hands began to sweat, my breath accelerated, my stomach ached. "..I really hope we can get the mountain back, don't you agree Thorin?" I looked at Gloin. "Yes, reclaim what is rightfully ours".

Bilbo's POV
"I'm glad you've finally called them, I urge the need to fight and reclaim what's ours. Still, Gandalf could've made a great difference in our final battle" He said taking a deep breath, moved the logs in the fire, which cracked and sparked. "I just.." he trailed off. I looked at Thorin who was looking at me, awe was what his face expressed. He looked tired, this past days we haven't stopped training and at night he stays up in his tent. I can hear him ranting and sometimes crying inside there, and I wonder what happened. "..I really hope we can get the mountain back, don't you agree Thorin?" Gloin said finally leaving the fire alone and looking at him. Thorin turned almost too fast, it felt like he wasn't even listening "Yes, reclaim what's rightfully ours" he said vaguely, almost dully. It felt like he wasn't himself in that moment, he's always so passionate when it comes to Erebor.

A/N
This chapter is dedicated to @SMstorywriter13 for inspiring me to write another chapter for their beautiful comments. I hope you like it, I've tried to improve the language and high sense of the story. (: