Chapter 16

Thorin's POV"Fuck him, and all his allegations" I raised my voice

Thorin's POV
"Fuck him, and all his allegations" I raised my voice. A letter, from that Bard to Bilbo, demanding many things and saying I wrote horrible things. If he even thinks Bilbo is gonna believe him...
"Really?" Bilbo said, starting to laugh out loud. "You wrote a 5 page letter to say no?" He said between laughs. "Sometimes I can't even believe you" He laughed even more.
"He wants to rob us!"
"Rob? He's just asking for payment due to their help" He stood up from his desk and approached me, he placed a hand in my face. "They helped us a lot Thorin, maybe we could give them some kind of protection?" He asked as he kissed in my cheek.
"They live too far apart, we can't risk sending some of us that distance" I said turning around. I can't believe he's really considering this.
"I was thinking... maybe... making some room for them here" He said doubting. What? What?! WHAT?!
"WHAT?! NO, that's not possible! How could you even think of something like that?!"
"I know the sound of this but if we gave them a space here to stay, they could help rebuilding this place. Reopening the mines, filling this place with life" He said placing a hand on my shoulder.

 Reopening the mines, filling this place with life" He said placing a hand on my shoulder

Bilbo's POV
He breathed heavily, disagreeing completely with me. He clenched his fists, and turned around. He had a soft expression with a small smile.
"If you think it's the best for this place and it makes you happy..." I smiled and hugged him immediately. "I'll consider it" A worried breath escaped me and I pulled myself apart, my hands still in his shoulders.
"Thorin, with only us here, it's more probable this place will fall apart and we die, than bringing it back to life. They would help us a lot and accelerate things, apart from having good relations with them" I said as persuasive as I could.
"I said I'll consider it Bilbo" He said softly as he marched away.

Fili's POVThat night, at dinner, Thorin stood up and explained to all of us something we couldn't have imagined Thorin saying ever, with good reason, it was clear that the idea came from Bilbo since he was all smiles

Fili's POV
That night, at dinner, Thorin stood up and explained to all of us something we couldn't have imagined Thorin saying ever, with good reason, it was clear that the idea came from Bilbo since he was all smiles. Thorin as the good leader he is, spoke passionately and unambiguously. At the end of his speech he sat down and I saw he took Bilbo's hand in his own. Bilbo was happy, and everyone was excited to see how all this turned out.
I felt pretty excited too, I wanted to see David, Tom, Jonah and the others, see how they have progressed and grown. While everyone was cheering and drinking, something caught my eye for a moment. Thorin and Bilbo kissed and turned to look at the rest, and they saw me and we all knew that I knew. I smiled and continued to cheer with Kili and the others.