12. Betrayal

"Lisa is a mermaid."
I couldn't believe he knew, I couldn't believe he told Jisoo.

But Jisoos reaction was calming my heart.
"Do you think I'm fucking stupid, Nam Joohyuk?? You freaking bastard. I've been through enough shit with you. I ain't taking more of your crap! Mermaids? They don't exist."
Jisoo said and pushed him into the water.
Jisoo stomped away and left not only him but all of us. I wondered how she even get here. I glad she didn't see us. Meanwhile there was Joohyuk  sliding his hair back while letting out a frustrated sigh.
Lisa was about to walk to him when I stopped her.
"Yah.. what will you do? What if he reveals you being a mermaid."
"It won't happen. Let me talk to him. I know him from the past." Lisa explained calmly.
Lisa was begging and I couldn't stop her now. Joohyuk heard us.
He came walking to us and Lisa just gave me a look to give some privacy. I gave up. Against this woman I can't win.

I returned to the others, my heart and mind filled with worry.
"Where are Joohyuk and Lisa? I saw Jisoo storming off." Kai asked.
"They are discussing something, guess it involves the fight of Jisoo and Joohyuk." I repulsed dryly.
"Hey.. are you sure we should leave them alone together?" Sehun asked.
"It will be okay! Joohyuk might seem like a bad guy but he's actually a sweetheart." Momo said.
We tried trusting her, but I couldn't. I went back to the place I had left Lisa with Joohyuk.
I heard faint cries and my worry started to grow. I ran faster to the location.
Joohyuk held Lisa by her neck.  
I ran faster to them but Joohyuk shouted at me.
"STOP. Do you even know what she is? Why are you trying to protect this men eating monster?"
Men eating? Lisa never ate humans. What was this jerk talking about.
"Now you're speechless huh? Guess because of who my parents died years ago.
This little bitch made them drown!" He screamed. I hoped nobody heard, I hoped it wasn't true. After all I didn't know that much about Lisa. She told me about her life as mermaid but she also told me, it's better if I don't know some things.
Right now I pushed my thoughts away and all I could think about was saving her. Lisa was holding onto his hands which were wrapped around her throat, struggling for air. Her eyes looked desperately at me.
I sprinted and punched Jisoo across his face.
I couldn't watch him killing her.

Joohyuk was startled and let go.
Lisa rang for air and supported herself on me as I pulled her a few feet away from him. 
"Hah... so she has you under her spell? I fucking pity you Park Chanyeol. You poor guy, to see you longer with the same women for three months must've been a spell... also her sudden appearance. You're truly more stupid than I actually thought."
"Fuck off Joohyuk?! What do you know about us? Huh??? You know nothing!"

"This wench drowned my parents! Don't you fucking dare to protect her!" He shouted.
Meanwhile I heard the others coming. Panic rose up.
"Afraid? Afraid they find out your girlfriend is a monster? Let them see her in her true form!" Joohyuk ran forward and pushed me to the side. The alcohol was still evident in my blood but my adrenaline helped me to get back to my senses quickly. It didn't changed he fact that I hit my head against a rock because of him.
In the next moment I already saw Joohyuk carrying Lisa over his shoulder towards the water.
My vision became blurry and I touched my aching head. It was oddly wet and sticky, with my half lidded eyes I saw blood and before I passed out I saw Kai, Kasper and Sehun sprinting towards Joohyuk.

The moment I woke up I stared onto a white wall. The beeping of machines tragically reminded me of the time when Lisa was in the hospital.
Wait?
Am I hospitalised??!

My eyes fluttered open and next to me I found Lisa's sleeping figure. I turned my head to the side as I felt another familiar presence I the room, Sehun leaned against a wall and reading a few papers.
"How are you feeling?"
"I just woke up.. chill." I tried sitting up but my head hurt so badly.
Groaning, I more or less let myself fall backwards again.
"Is Lisa alright? Did something happened?"
I asked with the worry of her exposure.
"No.. she's alright. She was just dead worried about you. She's been staying with you for two days and just went once home to change. I forced her to go eating with me, unless she would've starved here. Chanyeol.. no matter how badly the two of you fought, you've been out for two days and this guy took it too far." Sehun said and shoved around the glasses on his nose bridge.