22. Another life

"How do you know each other?" Baek immediately asked.
"Hospitals." She answered quicker than I could think.
Before anymore questions could have been asked the bell rang and everybody went back to their seats.

She as well went to her seat and remained silent there. She seemed very timid, but at the same time she totally knew what she wanted and what not.

Class started, so Baekhyun and I went to our classroom. Almost being late, like always. We basically ran there and thank god that the teacher was late as well.

The lessons barely seemed to go by, I wasn't really paying attention and even if I did, I didn't understand anything.

So three hours went by real fast and it was lunch time, we went to class 3 to pick up Sehun, and then to class 2 to get Kai and Chen.

At the cafeteria I witnessed a scene that I didn't like, I might be part of a gang but I didn't like seeing others getting unnecessarily bullied. Especially her, since she already must've had a hard time.

"Aren't you hungry? Awe Lisa, you should eat you look so skinny!"
The new girl got bullied.
"You're so pale, what happened?"
Some senior girls bumped her on purpose, making her drop her food tray. They laughed at her as Lisa bent down to pick up the food tray but someone stopped her.
"Can't you guys mind your own business? It's fucking silly." I was about to say but someone was faster than me.

"Lucas?" I heard her say,

"Ah it's him. The knight in shining armor." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
"He did a good thing though." I said.
"Yah, because of him she's in trouble. The girls are after Lucas. They even call him prince Lucas." Baekhyun made sounds like he was throwing up.
"The pretty boy over there is in the same grade as us, he's Hong-Kong/Thai. He and Lisa can communicate well since they have the same origin. But the girls don't care about their friendship, she's like a thorn to their eyes, he only keeps Lisa close to himself, she's the only girl he hangs out with,"
"So they are bullying her just because they're jealous? Crazy bitches." I retorted.
Kai was on his phone while we queued for the food, he looked at me for a second and chuckled as he heard me cursing them out. While Baekhyun was making fun of Lucas, me and Sehun talked. Baek really didn't seem to like that Lucas dude.
The drama seemed to be over, Lucas helped Lisa cleaning up and then they walked out the cafeteria together.
I wasn't really interested but I asked anyway,
"Is he her boyfriend?"
"OH PARK CHANYEOL WAE WWAE WAE?" It suddenly slipped way too loud from Sehuns lips so Chen, Kai and Baek looked at us.
"Did you hear that?" He wiggles his eyebrows.
"Yeol just asked if Lucas is Lisa's boyfriend~"
"I was just curious, stop exaggerating." The others didn't stop teasing me since then.

I admit, she is pretty and she seemed pretty cute too. They were right, it wasn't my business if they were dating or not, but seriously - I really didn't care! I was just curious, I mean it would be silly to be that jealous just because they're friends.
But there was something about her.
Whenever I saw her, I felt like we've met before and as my friends told me, there was no chance I'd know her from the past, she just transferred.
Maybe I saw her at the hospital sometime before or something, not when I was watching her after I woke up, but before.

But everything about her felt so similar, like from a past life. But never mind that, I must've hit my head really hard back then.

After lunch I headed back to class, boring as always but surprisingly I could catch up in mathematics. Math was all about understanding the shit anyway, at least I could follow the lesson without many problems.
I stared out the window and it felt so weird to be in school. Outside I couldn't see as far as I could when I was in the hospital, there were cherry trees but something was missing.
"Park Chanyeol, I asked you a question!"
Shoot, I got caught spacing out.
"I'm sorry, my head hurts. What was the questions, teacher?"
Luckily I could talk myself out of it. Since I just recently got discharged I could use it as an excuse.