21. Awake

"Lisa-n-no!"

Lisa cried and she let go of me. And took a few steps backwards.

"Go, don't let our precious people die." She said but her eyes were begging me to stay.

I didn't know what to do. Could I let the others die just to stay with her? There was no chance I'd let go of her.

I couldn't believe how this could've happened.

But this time, this wasn't just about me and Lisa. I couldn't let Lay die, not his family nor the others which lived here.
But I wouldn't leave just like that.

I quickly ran over to Lisa and she seemed frustrated by what I did.
"I told you to g!-"

I wrapped my arms around her and tears fell from my eyes.

"Now that everything is alright, they want to take you away? How can I let this happen? I won't ever let you go!

"Ch-chanyeol!" Lisa cried and held me tight.

"I can't be selfish anymore, we will kill people this way, I really need to leave!"
She said.

"I will go and save them." I reassured her.

"But, you have to promise me, that you'll come back." I said and sternly looked into her eyes.

"I can't make a promise I can't keep."
"Try to come back to me. Please."

I fished through my pockets messily and hoped it was inside.

"What are you doing?"

"I got it." I said.

I quickly grabbed her face and kissed her before I grabbed her right hand tightly,

"You have to come back. Let's get married."

The ring fitted perfectly on her finger.
I wanted to propose to Lisa officially in a few days, I prepared for this official proposal for a while now. How could life be so cruel to rip us apart?

"I love you Lisa."
"I love you too." She cried and she let go of me.

"Now run!" She demanded,

Our hands where still intertwined as we slowly let go and I ran for life, promising and struggling with myself not to look back, because it would break me.

I reached my house and then I looked back. Lisa was in the sea, everything around her glowed in an abnormal cyan blue, the tsunami approached the coast and I believed there was not much time left. And I doubt that Lisa would survive it either, she was far from being a mermaid.

I quickly called Lay as I drove to their house.
"Get out of your house, a tsunami is approaching,! Take your family and leave!"
Lay quickly understood and said they will leave immediately,
I stopped in front of their house and to my relieve they were driving away in front of me.

I raced after them and tried to focus but tears kept falling from my eyes.
I looked one last time to the ocean as I drove on the ocean road towards the country side.

The tsunami was so close there was no chance we could make it in time.
That's when I suddenly heard Lisa's voice in my head.

"We will definitely meet again, even if it's another life, I will wait for you."

"I love you." I said as I stared out to the ocean.
A sudden honking noise called for my attention as I stared back to the street.
Everything went so fast, I oddly didn't feel any pain as my car collided with the truck before everything turned black.