20. Apocalyptic

Well, that was a surprise.
Baek Chulmin was secretly dating my sister, he seems like an okay guy and it takes balls to date Park Chaeyoung with her mood swings.

"It's on me, what would you like to drink?" I asked.
Chulmin seemed intimidated but that wasn't my goal, he should just become comfortable with me.
It's rather him that should be worried about getting hurt by Chaeyoung not the other way around.

Well and that was how I met my brother in law.

"I got accepted at the company. I got the contract but I wanted you to check it first." Lisa said.

"You got accepted at Point7! Congratulations! That's my baby!" I pulled her into a hug and kissed her.

Lisa leaned into my hug and I patted her head lovingly.
We definitely are not going to stay long here tonight.

I really just wanted to spend time with her alone without any dirty thoughts. Lisa was doing so well, she adapted so well in the human world.

I was doubting her species now, since she didn't turn into a mermaid for a while.
Actually I worry a little bit, it doesn't seem normal.
"Chaeyoung-ah... is it really okay?" I snapped out of my trance when I saw Chulmin talking to my sister. She was playing with his tie and Chaeyoung looked so in love , I couldn't believe it.

That evening we just talked and talked and Lisa seemed to get along well with Chaeyoung.
Same with me and Chaeyoungs boyfriend. Chulmin still seemed intimidated but he got used to me pretty well. I liked that, I didn't want us to be awkward.

The next few days were stressful as I worked everyday and Lisa was also busy. She ended up signing the contract after I got it checked by my dads consultant. But that also meant that staying at Busan wouldn't be a long term option.
I didn't want to leave Busan and the house behind like my parents did years ago. Lisa would still need the ocean and I didn't want to leave my friends behind.

But that was just the flow of time.

"Ha, Chulmin-ah, shall we go for drinks after work? Just us, this is so exhausting!" I said as I finished signing 120 different contracts and went through the applicants for jobs at Park Cooperations.

"Let's do that... after we finish this pile." He pointed to another big pile that he hid underneath his desk.

"Are You fucking kidding me?"
"No, I just finished reviewing them, you need to read and sign these too."
"Fuck." I cursed.

So after two more exhausting hours we were finally done.
I saw Chulmin sitting down on his chair and bumping his head on the table.
"Why did I apply here...WAE?"
"Why am I the son of the CEO..." I groaned and pulled on my hair frustrated.
The both of us lifted our heads and looked at each other,
"So-Maek*?" We Said at the same time,
"SOMAEK!" We shouted and jumped up, horribly packing our things.

* soju and beer

Like two excited teenagers wan out of high school we hurried out the office and went to the next best barbecue place.
After an exhausting day like that, I needed some quality dude time.

We ordered Galbi, Salmgyeopsal and the full Programme that was available.
Time went by so fast as we filled our bellies with food and alcohol. Slightly tipsy and surprised how well Chulmin took alcohol we were talking.
"Yah... how did you start dating her?"
I asked him and for a second I thought that Chulmin sobered up.

"Hmm... I don't know, guess it started at the company's party."

"Huh?"

"Well, I liked Chaeyoung for years, she just never knew about me. I wasn't confident in myself back then..."