1. Camp?

An young man is sitting in his room, on the bed after returning from an interview. His shoulders dropped, eyes closed, lips thinned into a straight line. One palm is rubbing the forehead while the another clutching his file with a very little grip, that it can fall anytime soon.

"How did it go? Kummesava ?(kicked it)"

His younger brother by one year disturbed his trance.

"Surya, I want to spend some time alone, can we talk later? "

"So, they rejected, again," Surya asked his brother with his grim face.

"Yes and now I want to sleep, so go and do whatever you are doing? "

"Ajju, have you forgotten that we are going to a camp tomorrow? "
Surya is definitely trying to change the subject by being dramatic.

Arjun gasped thinking about it because that issue is not even in his brain.

Seeing his brother's reaction Surya chuckled silently.

"Okay, now that you remembered it, I wanted to ask whether you want the black jerkin or brown one? You better choose black because I like the brown. I want to woo all the girls coming to the camp? "

This time a small smile escaped from Arjun.

"You already started packing? "

"Yes of course. I am very excited about it because unlike the last time there are people coming from different places. Bye for the boring faces and hi to new faces."
Surya said wiggling his eyebrows.

Arjun know Surya doesn't mean a thing about girls. Because he always shys away from girls. He never saw Arjun talking to a girl straightly for more than 10 minutes. He is all just words.

"OK, I will take the black one, because I don't need a jerkin to make girls look at me. I born as handsome."

"Arghhh! I agree with that. Now sleep. I'm going to check with others about the details."

"Let me know everything after you find, since this is my first time I want to be prepared."

" Sure but don't bother about it, I'm there na? " Surya said with smug in his eyes.

"I'm more afraid that you are going to be there." Arjun went inside the bathroom and closed the door.

"You will understand my worth one day, if not today." Surya whined.

"We will see that" shouted Arjun.

Next day

It's a bright morning of March. The spring's affect can be seen everywhere but not in the heart of Arjun. He is still sad but is trying to cope up. Because it is his first project that he started during his final year of graduation, it meant so much to him. He is sitting in the swing chair in balcony and sulking.

Surya saw his brother being gloomy. He is not much of a you -can-cry-on-my-shoulder-I-will-say-the-words-you-want-to-hear type of guy or good with people and relationships from the start. He is just live the moment type of guy.

He touched his brother's shoulder gently. Arjun sighed.
Surya doesn't know how to console his brother. But he said,"If it's in your destiny, it will come to you. Just be a little patient, bro, ". Arjun had given a little smile and said,

"Hmm. I'm not here to spoil our journey. When will be the bus started? And what about the stay and etcetera".

Surya replied, "At 9 O' clock tonight. There will be around fifteen members joining the camp. This camp is mainly for social services started by some Telugu girls for fun while doing services to the needy. And it spreaded whirlwind. Now we are also going."

"What are we going to do, anyway? " Arjun expressed his doubt nonchalantly.

"We are going to do some awareness campaign for three days and for three days, an adventurous trip around that place, like trekking, boating you know, based on its geography."

"That's a cool idea. "

Night

After the Sun took rest, Arjun and Surya brought their luggage outside the house. Their parents told them to take care and call them daily, while they waited for the cab.

The cab delivered them to the designated place. The private vehicle which they took for rent was slowly filling in. The brothers also boarded the bus and started the chitchat with other companions. Then, they saw a girls gang coming towards the bus. They are all making so much noise by their giggling, asking whereabouts,etc. The brothers noticed the girls gang consisting of 5 girls, who are completely different from each other, representing their diversity. There's beautiful girl who is talking continuously with another girl, who covered her face with scarf. Immediately a smile touched brothers, because they know who is that talkative girl. She is Rumi. Rumi Irene. Very beautiful, kind hearted, Innocent girl and a good friend of them while they were in a communication skills programme.

"Hey buddies!!"she exclaimed on seeing her old friends. She boarded the bus quickly dragging her friend. They settled besides the brothers. Rumi was delighted with their meeting after a long time. They shared their wishes and whereabouts.

"I don't know that you will be interested in these types of camps, Rumi. I'm surprised to see here."

"What are you saying? I'm hurt."

"What's there to hurt, you didn't change. Always being childish." Surya mocked Rumi in his mean tone.

"Stop it you idiot. Don't mind him Rumi. Actually I'm happy that you came. Tomorrow his friend Kittu will also join. Then these both will become two peas in pod leaving me alone. It's good to have a cheerful person like you."

Pinkish red blush spreaded stealthily on Rumi's cheecks.

She wanted to throw away the awkwardness.

"It's not really my idea. My friend here, has me in her palms to come along with her as I lost a bet."

"You are still doing that, the bet thing." both the brothers exclaimed.

Rumi smiled sheepishly. She is just bargaining the awkwardness.

She introduced her friend to them, who then removed her scarf. The brothers stunned on seeing her, she is Anu.............

 The brothers stunned on seeing her, she is Anu

To be continued.