Chapter - 42 (past 2)

A girlfriend is all I needed right now, I mean, a friend who is girl. But, who will be that?

Is it really necessary to have a girlfriend to know things like this.? I will sort out it for now with books.

Next day

I went to school so much earlier than I do, to wait for Surya. I felt some sense of nostalgia but not in a good way. Whenever I waited for him with so much enthusiasm, he will always disappoint me. So I am fearing about what going to happen this time. Just because I don't believe in God, I spared him without offering him so many promises as his devotees do. But my heart is racing and my brain is heating up with all the storming going inside.

Finally, Surya came breaking my reverie with a smiling Hii. All my preconceived negative thinking process, which I really wanted to ban, was left behind, with his arrival. Just when I am adjusting to the newly found interest of mine about the person who is sitting diagnolly to me, our lecturer arrived. So what if he came? He got my concentration to his teaching for only some time until thoughts about Surya occupied my mind. I turned my head just a little only to found him staring at me which generated some gut moving feeling may be, like, like butterflies and then goosebumps. Though, I tried to press my lips to be in a line, they bended into an upward curve, which I tried to hide with my left hand. And then, our mute communication continued until the lunch break.

Lunch break in our school meant ganging up and gossiping. I badly want not to be a part of that. But what if your whole attention seeking guy asks you to come and join with his gang? Will you decline?

"Look who we have here, the goddess, the ethereal fawn and sunshine of our gang, come on sis, let's celebrate your recovery. "

"Just because of your praising, I don't forget about the party, you have to give for the winning of cricket finals."

"Oh! You got that! Pchh pchh"

It's Kittu. Every group will have a monkey fellow, who is the energy of that group. That's him.

"Okay sis! Your wish is our command "

"She is sick. I'm not allowing" interrupted Surya.

"I'm not following" I said.

Normally, I will bring my lunch box daily. But today, in hurry, I left it in home. So, I have to eat something from canteen. While I am wondering what to eat, Kittu suggested me to order kichidi.

"She can't eat kichidi. She has been sick for 3 days. She is just recoverd." I don't want to be reminded of me being sick.

"The keyword, recovered. Now, I can eat whatever I want. "

"Ha, yes, yes. You got sick last time by that eating whatever"

"No, it's by drinking whatever"

"Will the lovebirds stop fighting? " Kittu tried to stop us.

"We are not fighting "
"We are not lovebirds "

We said the same time, with being the second one.

See, that's how I make a situation awkward.

"Anyway, I'm not eating kichidi. It's never my favorite."

This sentence changed Surya's frowned face into a smiling one. I patted myself inside, proudly.

"Okay then, you can still order whatever you want! " said Kittu mocking our banter.

I ordered a plate of veg Manchuria and grape juice. I got through the lunch, however, by not making it awkward anymore, with jokes and laughing here and there.

"You know what sis, you have this subtle sense of humor inside and sarcasm will be dripping in your words. I'm insanely attracted to talk to you for hours. Why you hide it?" surprised Kittu revealed it as a big statement.

"It's because... because.... hmm... ha because , to hide a secret of mine. If I become close to someone, I might spill out. So I never made many friends. Since we are friends now, I can say. Aren't we friends? Can you believe me if I say? "

"Of course, we are friends. You can believe with us anything. I will hold your secrets till the grave. "

"Ohh thank you so much Kittu. Now, I will say. I am The queen of this land, in my last birth. I'm so proud at that time and had hurt a good person. He cursed me that, in my next birth, whoever I like and love, will leave me. That's why, I am like this. Why have a heartache, when I can be alone and happy. "

"What?"
"Is it really true?"
"I can't believe this!"
"Are you for real! "

Those are the reactions I got for the so called secret I told.

They looked at me, like I'm a weirdo. I'm suppressing the smile that is on verge of coming out.

"She is lying. It's a story written by ArinShaik. It's the latest book of her. So, nobody know it." said the nerd and book reader of our class, Sharmila, who is sitting next to our table.

"Oh my God! So, you have made-up a story. " the gang glared at me. I take my bag and placed it in front of my face as a shield from their firing gaze.

They laughed at my antics.

"Sorry, I'm just..... "

"Ha, you are just..."

"Just.. "

"Just trying to fool us. "

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's OK. Anyway, we enjoyed your story. " said the others.

"For a minute, I thought it was real." said Kitty.

"Ohh poor you, my boy. " Surya consoled.

"Your life is going to be entertaining. I can bet that on your girl. "

your girl that brought goosebumps and butterflies. Can it be the same even after some days and years.

To be continued.........

           Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.