9. Where?

Next day.

I called Kittu and we went outside for Tea. After sitting in the old wooden bench before the tea stall, I asked Kittu,

"Kittu, who is Nishi?",

He started coughing suddenly, spilling his Tea on his clothes. He looked at me with his eyes popping out and opening and closing his mouth.

That's an interesting reaction. I eyed at him with one raised eyebrow to give answer. He has no escape in this.

He left a sigh and cleaned his hands and clothes using a mug of water from the bucket nearby.

After getting comfortable, he started,

"She is our classmate. Surya had a crush on her. First, she denied on his proposal but some days later she agreed. But she is a different type of girl from Surya's expectations. She wants him to express his love and asks to share his feelings but Surya never did. We know about him that he doesn't know how to express right!! But these differences leaded to so many problems between them. They used to fight. Nishi always understood him. He also tried to mend their relationship. But,one day, they both had a fight and she left him.

After somedays, she called him. They talked for some days in phone but I don't know what happened, they stopped talking.

From that time, she avoided him and completely hidden details about her.

After so many days, now she reappeared in our camp. But she has not changed her mind. Still she hates him. "

I asked him,

"What was the fight between them?".

He replied,

"I don't know, whenever the topic raised, he will become sad so I never asked."

He stopped talking and lost in his thoughts. I'm trying to fathom the things he said.

Our silence was broken by the 'Chill bro' song ringtone from Kittu's mobile. He left me there hanging, while talking on phone.

Our conversation was ended there.

So much happened but still Surya said nothing to me. He has this habit of dying alone with his thoughts than to share with his peers. I wish I had been there for him.

Today is our party day. I remembered the conversation between us on the other day when Rumi said she likes me and Anu. I felt sad. I called Anu to enquire about Rumi. She asked me to meet them at a local shop near by where they are now. I was feeling tense because I don't know how to receive Rumi after all that happened.

Rumi's POV

When Arjun called me, I felt so much nervous. He hugged me and said that I was his best friend and he had no feelings for me. He requested me to remain his best friend. My heart was broken. My eyes are filled with tears. I was trembling with his rejection. This feeling was very painful. But I'm unable to hate him. But I tried to maintain smile on my face. I may not be able to face him again. He called Anu and asked her to take me to room console and even asked to call him after I recovered. He is always like this, takes care of me as a duty.

After we reached the room, I was broken in front of Anu. She left me to cry as much as I want. After that she said,

"You will receive what belongs to you. So, wait for it and don't hurt yourself."

I thought a lot for 2 days and realized to move on. I told Anu about this and she was very happy for me. In this two days, Arjun called Anu for so many times to enquire whether I was okay or not. He is still taking care of me, he was not changed. What I all need is the same. I thought, just because I am friend so I may not get his care forever, so to get his affection love is the bridge. But he is unlike those stereotype guys, he will treat me as a good friend forever and we will enjoy this glee to great extents. I felt happy because he had no bad opinion on me. So, I assume he will behave with in the same as earlier. I told Anu about all these and asked for a meeting. She agreed me.

My first love💝 ended unexpectedly. But, no regrets, at least I learned to live without baggage of confusion.

Arjun's POV

I went to the shop. I greeted them. They replied me mechanically. We are all quite now. I was unable to start a conversation. I looked at Anu. She gave me a smile of assurance. Then, Rumi ordered for all of three our favorite items. I was surprised and again my eyes reached Anu. She mouthed that everything thing was okay. I felt relieved. I slowly started talking with them. The chat was peaceful but not as dangerous as I thought. However may be the situation was changed. We will be friends again, have the same fun as earlier.

Afternoon

After lunch, I was returning to my room. I saw Surya talking to a girl, but I was far from them, so I can't hear them. After sometime, Kittu came.

I asked him, "Who is that girl, Surya was talking with??".

He sadly replied, "The reason for his sadness" and gone.

Later, I enquired about her. She was my schoolmate. Surya's classmate. Some people said, in school, there is some affair between Surya and her. But they had fight and stayed apart from each other. So, I assumed her as his crush. But, her name is Nandana. I thought for sometime and I called Kittu.

"Hello Kittu is Nishi is Surya's girlfriend real name?" I asked.

He replied,"No bro,it is her nickname, given by our Surya".

I said bye and terminated the call.

Nandana is a beautiful girl. She wore makeup a lot, follows fashion. She is arrogant. But, good person. I never thought Surya likes such type of girl.

Evening

We are at party. All are dancing crazily. The music was blaring. Then, I saw Kedar talking to Anu. They are laughing heavily. Since the music is loud, they are talking by being closely. My throat felt constricted, felt hot inside and had a weird feeling in my stomach. My mood became bitter and party felt boring.  I don't know why I'm like this but I can't tolerate seeing them together. Then, they walked away from the crowd and disappeared. My mind went block. So many thoughts came to my mind. I want to follow them. So cheap thought but EVERYTHING IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR. So, I went.
On seeing the sight, I got surprised.

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update.