Chapter -26

Anu's POV

While I was heading to home from library, Nandana stopped me. She asked me, " Hey! Where are you going? I am searching for you from a long time". I said, " I am going home." She then invited to canteen. I nodded in a no. She requested saying, " Why don't you join our friends gang!! We will have lot of fun. You can communicate with them easily. All our people were generous. You don't have to fear in expressing your opinions. And Surya was also expecting you in our gang. "

I thought for sometime. It will be a good chance to understand and analyse him. He too can know me and so that he will realize what a tough issue he had choosen by proposing me.

I went to canteen along with Nandu. Actually she dragged me. I don't like this kind of attitude. She always behaves as  superior to me and behave as she knew everything about me. She wanted me to socialize and overcome my fear towards people. In that case, she will get a zero. Because, I am not that much afraid of people, I just hate them and the attention they show.

I saw him, sitting in that wooden chair at the left corner of table. I sat exactly opposite to him. He was giving so many glances to me. I am feeling like there was a knot in my stomach, may be they were called butterflies in stomach, the symbol of intimate shyness. We have not talked to each other but we were absorbing the situation. Nandana was repeatedly diverting him by discussing anything like nonsense. I was disturbed with her behaviour. Her intentions were not clear but, I am not positive to her.

Am I jealous of her, since she was more beautiful, intelligent, well communicative girl. No, not like that. I too agree with all these and I don't think I can compete with her. But, why I'm feeling like this?? I'm feeling bad vibes towards her.

Surya's POV

She was going to her home, I followed her. She was walking slowly, in deep thoughts. After taking few more steps, she suddenly stopped her walk and gave a look back side and saw me. Oh god! She saw me, she will think of me as a stalker. I smiled at her and she returned the same to me and continued. I returned to my home later.

The days were going like this. I used to stare at her. She smile whenever she saw me. Sometimes, we play hide and seek. I used to hide behind doors or below study tables. She searches for me by rolling her eyes in all directions. I  will smirk at her when I caught. All this happens in silence and nobody knows it.

            One day, I thought we should meet in personal and should get to know each other. I know she won't come because I already had asked her so many times. Even though, I wrote a slip stating the matter and place. I wanted to give it to her after school, so I kept in my assignment book. We were  communicating in this manner from a few days. If she wanted to tell me something, she wrote it on a paper, place it in a book and gives it without any one's notice. I too started to do the same. Sometimes, I used to act  as was telling to my friends but, that message was meant for only her.

Nandana came to me and said, " Hey dude!! Tomorrow was holiday right! What are your plans? I wanted to go outing with you. Don't say no please, I already made preparations for us"  While all the people wanted to hangout with her, she was asking me. I too had no plans, and of course I hadn't yet  asked Anu. Even if I ask her, she won't come. So, I said "Ok ! I am not a fool to reject this golden offer".  She exclaimed in happiness. I am happy because, I have got a good friend like her. I have to do nothing to impress her. She understands me very well and never feels ego.

The next day

Nandana planned the day very well. When she said the plan, I complemented her. She was blushing today so much. We went first to lunch. She ordered all my favourite items. We had so much fun while we were eating. Then, we went to shopping. Then my phone was ringing again and again. It was from an unknown number. That person might be someone I know. So, I texted a message and kept my mobile silent. Because, Nandu doesn't like using phone when I'm with her.  She was a big shopaholic. She bought so many things. We were roaming in the mall, then I saw her, Anu. It was totally unexpected.

Anu's POV

When I'm leaving the class, I found his assignment book on his place, may be he left for me. This is the way of our communication. I checked the book for any note. It had a slip stating a request to meet him the next day. The blush hit my face. I always denied his outing proposals because I'm afraid to open up to him. I feared the moments to be alone with him. But, today I don't wanted to deny his proposal, so I replied ok to myself and wrote it on same slip and kept it again there. I went home with so much excitement. I mentally prepared to meet him. I tried so many dresses , but nothing satisfied me. At last, I called mom and asked her, "Ma, which dress suits me well ?" She was astonished with my question because I was not like this before. I barely concerned about my attire. She thought for sometime and picked a royal blue top with white skirt. I hadn't wore that. Then, how can she think it will look good on me. I shook my head, indeed she was my mom. I agreed with her choice. She asked me," What's the special dear? Are you going anywhere?" I was bewildered whether to answer her or not. Whenever I don't want to answer anyone, I choose to be silent until other gets impatience. But, I don't want to hide it from her because she understands me very well and allow me to do anything according to my wish. I told her "I was meeting my school friend."  She smiled at me. I asked her, "Ma, actually... I was meeting a boy......, he was my classmate......... Is it okay with you..?" She said, " Do whatever you wanted dear, I am okay with anything until you are happy with that. Your smile is the one I ever wanted in this world. But take care. " I smiled in assuarance.

        After mom left, I thought for sometime what I have to gift him when we met. With a lot of thinking, I prepared an explosion bow by keeping so many of our memorial things. They were silly like the wrapper of the chocolate he give for the first time, the friendship band he tied on the occasion of friendship day, the  button of his uniform blazer which was slipped when he had fight with his rivals though I hold him back at that time, I picked it also. It was a fascinating thing me to care each and every detail about him.  It took so much time to wrap it up. I was so much tired and slept on the ground itself.

The next day

I was really excited at this moment. In few  hours I am meeting him out of school for the first time. It may be a date but, he was not pickuping from home so, it can't be. I wore the dress my mom choosen, did my hair.

I waved to mom and started earlier than the time he mentioned. Because, I was never did this. So I have to make myself comfortable. I choose to walk instead of going in a vehicle. It was pleasant morning. While I was walking, I heard some rambling. I turned back to found  the trouble. They were His rivals. They were following me with dangerous looks. I felt the chill in my spine. I increased speed of my pace. They imitated me. Tears were filling in my eyes. The view was becoming blur. I wanted to escape from them as fast as possible. I called Surya so many times. But he was not picking up my calls. In normal instances, I don't call him often. So he should know that its important this time but still not answered my calls. He messaged me, " I was busy with some important work, call you later."  I became a limp with his answer. So, he was not coming. Arghhh... I don't know what to do now. He should have atleast informed me that he was not able to make up today. I have mixed feelings now. I again messaged him, "Your enemies were following me." I am angry and hopeless at the same time. He was not replying me. To save myself, for now, I went to the near by mall which was so big that I can escape in the crowd. I reached the second floor and searching if there were any one following me.

          I was bemused with what  I saw. There he was, holding the luggage bags with Nandana. They also saw me. His face was beyond shock.  My face became pale. I was speech less now.  Nandana was not seemed to be affected at all. She asked me, "Hey! What are you doing here?" I hadn't answered her. I throw the gift I had prepared for him on his face. I shouted, " I never expected this from you, Surya. I hate you. You  showed how much I worth in your life." I tried to leave from them but, he caught my hand stopped me.," It's not what it looks like. You are misunderstanding me". I was not in a mood to hear him anymore. I just tried to release my hand and he was gripping my hand tightly. "You are hurting me both physically and mentally".

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.