2. Why me?

Arjun

I know her. How?? Yeah, she's from my school. But I never saw her often. After schooling, we shifted to city we are residing now. So I might haven't seen her later.

I tried to look at her once again and we gain an eye contact. Then, I felt a cling in my heart. She subtly avoided us & turned towards the window. I was surprised with her act. She too recognized us.

Rumi said her friend was not good with strangers, but I know she knew me for sure but don't want to interact.

The journey began. 15 youngsters in a vehicle. You can imagine the noise of fun. Someone suggested the game, guess the movie. Then another game. Then the mood shifted to singing.

Anu is participating here and there but quite mostly. Later she
plugged in her earphones and slept. I wondered of her behavior. If she want to be like this, why coming for a joy camp?

My brother was trying to cheer me up since I am upset with the interview. But he is not being himself though. I can see his discomfort. I don't want him to be bothered with myself so I let it go.

We all have a wonderful time, forgetting suffering from our daily routine from so many days. Last year is a tough year for me. I'm trying to settle down and wanted to advance in my career. But there is no sign of luck anywhere near.

I am tired and slept while thinking of that girl, Anu. She intrigued me. It never happened to me with any other girl.

Next day Morning

The bus stopped at our destiny. We all went to the nearby lodge which was already booked for our one week stay here. Three members per a room, since it's a rural area and this is the only lodge available. Surya and I had taken a room. Tomarrow, Kittu , best friend of Surya will also join us the third person. We went to our room after taking keys. I slept after hitting the bed, it's just around 4 O'clock.

I woke up to the sound of water in the bathroom. Surya is taking shower. I tossed on my bed and found Surya's wallet. I opened. He kept a old pic of him in his school uniform. Out of all, why this? There are some cards, money and a folded rules paper. It seems to be too fragile, with the edges crinkled. Is it okay to open it? Of course, he is my brother, my blood.

The koel will sing when it's spring
The peacock dances when it rains.

I love you when my heart feels it.

Eternally loving
Nishi

Wow!! You wonder who is Nishi, she's is my brother's first love. I don't know much about her, least I haven't seen her. My brother never told me. The more I tried to probe, the more he tries to hide. If not I haven't found notes like these earlier in his room, I would never know. I heard the shower stopped, I quickly put the note inside and kept the wallet as it was.

At 9 O' clock, the campaign started. The campaign today is about the bank schemes available to the farmers. We were already given the information.

Everyone reached the corresponding areas of our stalls. Today is the first day so there is an assembly for all of us for our formal introductions, experiences about the previous camps and achievements.

I was surprised by Anu's intro, she had already attended for so many camps earlier, she was an NCC cadet, she was certified in first aid, while most of others are first to this type of camps. A feeling of respect towards her started in my heart. Why I'm paying more attention to her, is she really interesting or am I interested in her?

My brother cleared his throat, I realized I am staring at her for too long. I shifted my gaze in a breath and immersed myself in my work for today, i. e., registration.