8. Okay?

Arjun's POV

My heart wants and admits the newly found admiration for Anu.

"I will talk to Rumi", I said.

She looked at me with a question mark face. I am searching for words to reply her. I don't want to create a mess and have to manage it with utmost care.

So, I continued,
"Anu, Rumi is one of my best friend and I never had such type of feelings towards her. I want a friend like her to stay forever. I want our bond to be how it used to be. But now things were on high stakes. I don't know how to deal with this but I want to talk to her now."

         Anu listened to me thoroughly and said,
"I appreciate your answer. She may not be able to bear your rejection, but try to convince her in a gentle way. Convey her what you told me now and be subtle about it. She's not vocal about her feelings with you, to save herself from the embarrassment and awkwardness that possibly occur, so. But remember this, I'm not against you loving each other, it's just, I don't want my friends get hurt because of that stupid love thing." She waved her hands as if she's forcing away the flies.

I was bemused with her answer and felt so sad at the same time that she doesn't have any interest in love. What will be the situation if she came to know that I have feelings for her. Yes, now a days, I am feeling like that. But she said love was a stupid thing if I heard it correct. That means she hates love, but why?

"Seems like you are thinking very hard about it. Don't be. Rumi is a sweet and sensible person. She can understand it, if you try properly. Don't hurt her even by mistake, in the process. I'm her good friend for some hidden reasons. Okay? " she tried to ease the situation and at the same time warning me about my friend. Haha funny.

"Okay Ma'am." I mocked her.

"Good boy." she nodded her head like a school teacher do.

"Thank you, Ma'am." I bowed in front of her.

"Now that the class is over, I'm going home. You too head to your home without wandering here and there. Don't give headache to your parents. Bye bye." she is still in the imitation game.

"Sure Ma'am." I waved at her cheekily.

She returned smiling.

She's such cool person. I haven't expected her to be like this. Where is that girl with the poker face?

She's a package of surprises for me.

May be spending some time with a person will make us observe all their tiny details. For that one need to pay their whole attention. For that, the person should hold some place our heart. And that place defines everything.

After an hour

         I messaged Rumi to meet me. I got nervous just to send that notification. She replied okay.

We met at our usual spot at the entrance before the small shop. Anu also came along with Rumi, but standed away from us to provide privacy. Rumi was all nervous. Her face was filled with mixed emotions. She standed in front of me and looking at me anxiously.

Immediately, I hugged her and said,
"I am sorry Rumi, if I behaved in such a way that created a mess between us. I want you as a friend in my life forever. You are good natured girl, you are always a caring person for me with whom I can share all my happy moments, grief and fun. Please remain the same. You are one of the best person I had met in my life and leaving you was the least thing I ever imagined."

I released her. Her face was all red and eyes are filled with tears. I was unable to console her.

I asked,