Chapter Five

Detective Georgina Easton and her partner Kurt Lawson stomped through the precinct, not stopping to greet fellow co-workers on their floor. Instead they were on the way over to the holding cells, where Harry Styles, the prime Suspect for this ongoing investigation, was being held.

He was damn right miserable, continuously trailing his fingers over the thick metal bars as he paced back and forth, complaining to every guard on duty that he was being wrongfully accused. To which every guard shot back with a, 'you're guilty until proven otherwise.' Which only irritated young Mr Styles even more than he was before they opened their mouths. Little did Harry know Georgina was on her way to bombard the poor guy with more unnecessary questions.

Georgina was taking one step forward and one step back with this case, with exactly six hours until Harry gets freed for lack of evidence, Georgina was on a tight schedule and could not do with anymore confusing complications. But knowing she was about to grill Harry for answers, she knew this was going to be a complication in her time schedule.

Harry wasn't one for patience. If you wanted answers and Harry was the key to them, he would rile you up for his entertainment before getting agitated with your presence and letting you know very clearly that he wasn't happy.

"Styles!" Georgina yelled, coming into Harry's view. Harry halted his paced steps, staring at the two detectives with hope in his eyes, I'm being freed! He thought. "We've got a couple questions concerning your alibi," fuck off, Harry thought, yelling at her in his head for holding him hostage here. It wasn't necessarily hostage, but he was beginning to feel that way.

"What about my alibi?"

"It's bullshit," Georgina snapped, stomping her foot like a spoiled brat. Kurt placed a hand on her shoulder whispering into her ear, telling her to remain calm or she'd be off the case. Detectives that show signs of aggression or irritation get kicked off the case they're working on and told to take a break.

Detective Easton was one of the best, but when a case wasn't as clear as the day to solve, it riled her up the wrong way. Especially if suspects were being frustratingly difficult to work with.

"How so?" Harry smirked, Georgina took his smirk as a sign of I'm about to get caught but the evidence won't be significant enough, whereas Harry meant the smirk in a - wow you're cute when you're angry.

"Sid Watson cannot confirm speaking with you at the time of Ruth Slater's murder," Kurt spoke up, sensing the bubbling rage burning deep within his partner's stomach. Kurt was also sick to the back teeth of the constant back and forth with this case. One second all signs point to Harry Styles the next second the pointing is everywhere but at Harry.

"Who the hell is Sid? I didn't speak to a Sid, I spoke to a Bradley Watson," Harry frowned, finding this information rather odd.

"Excuse me?" Kurt and Georgina said at the same time, flashing confused frowns at each other before staring harshly at Harry, as if he would crack under their stare and whimper how much of a liar he was. "Do you know this guy?" Kurt asked, pulling out a mugshot of Sid, yes I think I forgot to mention: Sid has a criminal record, mainly caught with large amounts of drug substances, or drunk driving. Nothing too terrifying.

"Yes, but he's not the receptionist I spoke to. I mean I spoke to him when Ruth and I checked in but not when it was just me," Harry rambled, finding this all just a little confusing. Georgina couldn't understand who's story was the truth, if Harry wasn't lying why on earth did Sid lie? There isn't CCTV footage in the lobby, well there is but it only covers the entrance from outside and the door to the stairs leading to the bedrooms. What motel doesn't have CCTV covering every spot of the place? I can't judge, I mean nobody thought this small town would be the home to a brutal murder.

"Who did you speak with again?" Georgina asked, pulling out some paper and a pen to write the name.

"Bradley Watson," Harry confirmed. Georgina scribbled the name down and demanded Kurt runs off and completes a background check. She wanted to know what relation did Sid and Bradley have. "When do I get released?" Harry asked, causing Georgina to stop as she began following Kurt out.

"Why do you think you're getting released?" She frowned, curious to know why he assumed he was.

"Because you have zero evidence on me! For Christ sake I didn't kill her," he hissed, his eyes glossing over. "I'm sick of being treated like a criminal!"

"You're guilty unless proven otherwise," Georgina stated, holding her chin up and strutting out the room. The sound of Harry hands pounding the wall in rage and his cussing booming around the cement walls was enough to prove to Georgina that Mr Harry Styles had a bit of a temper. Is it good enough to use as evidence? No, but that doesn't mean she won't find any.

________________________

A/N: I know these chapters aren't as long as you want, and I am soooo sorry for that. But this is a short story (idk if mentioned that or not oops) and I am basically writing a full two day's worth of drama in a couple chapters so I don't want too much going on in just one chapter.

Republished: 10, Dec, 2018