Chapter Eleven

{remember to vote/comment + Ian Somerhalder is gonna be Mr Jensen - I COULDNT THINK OF ANYONE AHHH}

Georgina and Kurt were sat at their desk in the precinct talking about the case. Kurt was surprised to hear Georgina explain that Harry didn't know about the raping, Kurt couldn't believe Harry didn't know that. Georgina also explained that they needed to not only now give justice to the Slater family but also hurry to find the killer to help clear Harry's name.

"So what do you think now? We have a condom wrapper - that is not enough to make him go down for something. I mean anyone could wear an XL condom, how do we pinpoint it to our suspect?" Kurt asked. Kurt was good at his job but Georgina was ten times better than he was, she thought of some of the most unusual theories but somehow they worked and sometimes they were accurate - or just slightly off.

"We need proof he was at the motel," Georgina tapped the end of her pen on the table she leaned on, with very little evidence it's now just trying to find a witness that can place him at the scene at the time of the murder. But even that in itself was hard to find.

"How about we ask Sid Watson, he said he saw someone of that age in a suit - like we were told the suspect wears. It would make sense to see if he could clarify the face with a photo," Kurt said, turning his computer screen to show Mr Jensen's photo on the screen.

"Let's do it."

...

"Hello Bradley," Kurt nodded curtly, placing both of his hands on the desk in front of him. Bradley was always calm and collected, but these two detectives always showed up with questions that made him stutter. Not because he was guilty of anything, but because the way the detectives eyed up the people they were questioning, it was very intimidating. Especially the silent one; Kurt. "How are you on this fine afternoon?" Kurt smiled, Kurt wasn't a smiler but when he was about to break down some serious chat he seemed to find it easier to make the other person a little more relaxed. Not that it worked mind you.

"I'm good thanks, up to much?" Bradley asked, feeling as though the nicer he seemed the quicker it would be to get the two detectives to lighten up a bit.

"Same old same old," Kurt rolled his eyes playfully. "Saving the day and taking down the bad guys, my usual," he chuckled. "Now the chit chat is out the way it's time for a little chat."

Georgina was busy looking around the lobby, she found the only vending machine here - it was round a corner in the lobby, meaning if anyone snuck up to see Ruth whilst Harry was downstairs at the vending machine, he wouldn't have seen them. But they would definitely have seen him if they were stood at the door to the stairwell leading to the rooms.

"Where is Sid?" Kurt asked, ignoring the fact his partner was wandering around the perimeter of the lobby.

"I'll get him, he's just in the back room," Bradley breathed, he was thankful it wasn't his turn for more questioning.

"Thank you."

Kurt watched as Georgina headed for the stairwell, she was very interested in the CCTV coverage. She stood in the corner of the door upstairs looking above her head where the CCTV camera was, it was aimed towards the hallway but cutting the first four doors out. She walked further down the hallway and saw one of two fire escapes, the other one was beside the first door which wasn't covered by CCTV. After this incident Georgina can see this motel getting better CCTV one hundred percent.

The furthest away fire escape that you could easily see in the CCTV had a camera above the door also, meaning if you were exiting through this fire exit you would be caught on camera leaving the building but if you left through the first fire exit you wouldn't be seen, not even from the outside. The only exits seen through CCTV was the back of the second fire exit and the main exit.

Downstairs Kurt was stood with Sid.

"I have a photo for you, I need you to tell me if you saw this man the night of Ruth Slater's murder. Take your time because this is very, very important," Kurt said harshly, pulling out the photo of Mr Jensen, holding it up for Sid to see clearly. Kurt solely watched Sid's features, there's something special about Kurt; he knows when someone is hiding something.

His job is to find the criminals, and that's something Kurt was good at, especially the messy part of investigations where you talk to witnesses and connect the dots with the information they give you. And that's Kurt's favourite part of his job.

Sid squinted his eyes to stare at the man's I.D photo, analysing the shape of his face, the icy blue eyes and messy black hair. He knew this man. He'd seen him. That's the man he saw.

"That's him," Sid breathed, he was finally seen as useful for something.

"Can you confirm this is the man you saw the night Ruth Slater died?"

"Yes!"

Bradley walked back in the room, eyeing up his brother cautiously and then finding the photo in Kurt's hands, Georgina also entering the room at the same time staring at the scene in front of her. Fingers crossed behind her back that this was it, the confirmation they needed to get the asshole who did this.

"Bradley?" Kurt asked, his blue eyes meeting Bradley's. "Give me a final run down of the night, Sid jump in when it's your turn please."

Bradley confirmed the story of the night. Sid was the one to give the keys to Harry and Ruth when they arrived, and Bradley switched roles with Sid as the night rolled in. Bradley then had a chat with Harry before Harry went to the vending machine and to get his wallet from his car, as he hadn't any money in his pocket at the time. The five minute switch between Sid and Bradley, was when Mr Jensen had darted through the lobby of the motel whilst Harry was outside getting money from his car. When Harry returned Bradley had switched and was back out in front, talking with Harry as he purchased food from the vending machine.

Sid saw a suited man holding up what at first Sid thought was a key card but now he thinks it must have been a credit card. I mean if anyone's going to commit a crime why talk or spend a lot of time around someone who could expose you.

Bradley then came out after the man went upstairs, Sid returned back to the staff room and Harry reentered the motel. He continued to talk about extending his and Ruth's stay at the motel even though he was short of twenty dollars, and after a couple minutes of a very detailed conversation and paying for the room for the following night Harry left, going upstairs.

That was all the detectives needed, knowing exactly what needed to happen next.

________________________

A/N: this is all over the place sorry, I know what I wanted to say I just couldn't word it fml🤐🤐

Republished: 10, Dec, 2018