Chapter Twelve

Georgina and Kurt had arrived back at the precinct, it was now the following day and as Georgina had promised Harry yesterday, he was to be released yet again. Only Georgina hoped the killer would be behind bars right now, but she and Kurt decided to speak with the captain before they followed through with the search warrant.

It was only ten in the morning and Georgina was already bored out of her mind waiting for the captain to show up. Being a married man with a newborn in the house Gary, the Captain, was hardly ever into work when he is supposed to clock in. But nobody minded, he was a cool boss.

Gary walked in, yawning and rolling his neck back as he passed everyone heading towards his office, the bags under his eyes were evident and Georgina knew she was about to really piss him off with her wacky and wild theory - which is actually true.

"Captain?" She called, tapping her small fist against the window of his door. Kurt stood behind her holding the files of facts to give the captain as proof, that Georgina isn't just losing her mind and being a bad detective.

"Come in!" His thick American accent called through the door. Georgina and Kurt entered, smiling lightly as they shut the door and took their seats in front of his desk. "Is this about the Slater case?" He leaned forward on his forearms and stared at the two detectives curiously.

"Yes sir," Georgina began, but before she could elaborate the captain spoke again.

"I hope you'll be explaining why you've held Mr Styles in a cell for the last few days. It's not some holiday resort, those cells are supposed to be used to hold suspects not someone with zero evidence pinning them to a crime," Gary snapped. He heard all about Georgina's little idea of keeping Harry in a holding cell so she could question him whenever her mind thought of a question. And Gary wasn't happy about that. He would have fired her there and then when he found out, but he couldn't risk losing one of the best detectives he had here.

"Yes sir, I understand," Georgina mumbled, feeling a little hurt by the tone of his voice. Georgina can be very bitchy and mean when she is doing her job, but when anybody speaks down to her, poorly about her or raises their voice at her she gets a little upset. "We have a new Suspect, we are about ninety percent sure it's this guy."

"Who?"

"Mr Jensen, Will's father -"

"The father of her ex?" Gary said suspiciously, the thought never crossed his mind. That's why he was just a boss and not out in the field doing the hard work. "Why do you suspect he did it?"

Kurt looked up knowing this was his time to shine, his chance to explain everything. "There was two workers the night she died. Bradley Watson who can confirm he spoke with Mr Styles the time she was murdered, and Sid Watson who can confirm checking Mr Styles and Miss Slater into the motel and confirm seeing a suited older man at the time before the murder and never seeing him leave - we showed a picture and he confirmed it was Mr Jensen."

"Also Miss Slater's older sister claims Ruth was seeing an older guy whilst with Will Jensen, never a name occurred but when Ruth cut all ties with Will the older guy wouldn't date her because he couldn't trust her," Kurt continued. "We have a condom wrapper that Mr Styles confirms is not his, DNA tests came through that the used condom from the L packet in the trash was Harry's and the wrapper on the floor was an XL which wouldn't make it Harry's. So we have a warrant to check the Jensen's house so we can see if there's any XL condoms there, and muddy boots that would have the same print that was left in the woods by the tree outside the motel."

Gary looked very concentrated as the room silenced, he couldn't understand how these two detectives would have came up with such a theory going off of so little. But he did not doubt the accuracy of the evidence laid out before him. If someone can willingly confirm Mr Jensen was there - Sid, then it's pretty much full proof whether the condom size and muddy boots match either.

"What motivation do you think he has?"

"He was probably seeing her whilst she was dating Will, I mean if she spent everyday at Will's house she'd have seen Mr Jensen too," Georgina began her explanation. "They probably wanted more and so she would've dumped Will for Mr Jensen, but Mr Jensen didn't want to be with a minor anymore and didn't like how hurt his son was because of her so he called it off," she breathed, Gary could see why she would be thinking of such a theory. It made perfect sense in her eyes. "Killed her for being with somebody else that wasn't him because he was jealous she was moving on with her life without him."

"You never fail to disappoint me," Gary smiled after a few moments of silence. "Release Mr Styles when you have full evidence on Mr Jensen and he is behind bars, then make a full statement to the press to clear Mr Styles' name. I've seen the papers, I doubt he's going to have an easy time in public without your help."

And boy was he right. The tabloids had nothing better to do than to write how evil and twisted young Styles was, and making up numerous stories as to why he killed his own girlfriend.

Harry Styles (23) brutally murdered his girlfriend Ruth Slater (17) after cheating accusations.

Harry Styles (23) confirmed murderer!

Harry Styles (23) killed young girlfriend Ruth Slater (17) after her parents forced them to split up.

Brutally murdered Ruth Slater (17) left with numerous stab wounds from psychotic boyfriend, Harry Styles (23).

No way on his own could Harry change the way the public now viewed him, not without the police confirming it themselves via a live news report. Harry wanted his freedom, but as of right now, he was too scared to leave the police station to enjoy his freedom.

"Continue with your search warrant - try wrap this up today," Captain ordered sharply, Georgina and Kurt nodded collecting together the pieces of evidence and leaving his office.

"Let's go!"

________________________

A/N: I know you all prefer long chapters so I'm sorry this is so short x

Republished: 10, Dec, 2018