2 days later

2 days later

    My eyes were shut close. I wanted to move, but I couldn't. I could only hear and feel.

   And I hear people talking. But one of them stood out. The words he said made my heart beat faster.

   "I love you, Zee. Wake up already, my love."

     Reece. It hurts to hear the hurt and sadness in his voice whenever he whispers into my ear.

   "-gingko trees are waiting for you. So hurry up and open your eyes. Please."

     •••

11:05 p.m

"Dream of me."

     •••

9:02 a.m

"You're my sleeping beauty. Would you wake up if I kiss you?" And then I felt his soft lips on mine.

      •••

9:30 a.m

"Open your eyes, I need to see them. Please."

        •••

10:00 a.m

"Don't leave me after you wake up. I'd go crazy."

         ***

   MY EYES searched for his among the five pairs looking at me.

"Finally!" Nicola said happily, throwing her arms around me.

"Where's Reece?" I manage to say.

Everybody looked at eachother before Luke looked at me with a sad face. "We don't know."

      Unknown POV

   IT HURT. Watching her lay in the hospital bed, hurts. Knowing that I took part in this, hurts.

"Has she woken up yet?" Miguel asked.

He was the one who physically hurt Zbelle. He's the one who got Zee in pain. In that room in the hospital.

He hurt Zbelle!

"Yeah, this morning." I answer.

"Has she said anything?"

"Just asked where the other target is." I shrug, crashing on the couch.

The last time I sat on a luxurious couch was four months ago.

If I finish this task, I won't have to stay in the streets anymore.

"That bastard Stone." Miguel curses. "Zbelle is his weakness. We hurt her, we hurt him. Just where is this son of a bitch!"

"What did he ever do to you?" I found myself asking.

Miguel glares at me and I squirm in my spot. That tattoo on his forehead is totally ugly.

Why on earth would someone want to have a tattoo on  the forehead?

"Just do your job. No questions. I'm meeting the boss now." Miguel said before entering through the doors.

Boss. I've never met the boss.

My job: hang out with Zee. Get her to a secluded area where we'd kidnap her.

In short- gain her trust and betray her.

The episode in the hotel room is just…the beginning.

   __________

Hey! We're almost done with The Dark Heart. Whew.
Is it making sense?

Remember to comment & vote.

Thanks for reading!

Have a good summer!

😀🐚🌌🌠⚡👣👀💪👻👒💸