Settling down

REECE

      "ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?"

     Colby looked at me, sitting behind his desk. His brother-Bill-stood, looking out the window as he drinks a glass of vodka.

  Colby had been a good father ever since dad and mom died by bad hands. My dad and Colby had been pretty close. So after my parents died, he had tracked down the morons who shot them. I took the gun from Colby and shot them.

    My heart was dark. I didn't think I'd ever fall in love, but then I did. I fell in love with Zee.

"I'm sure." I said. I'm willing to drop my gun for Zbelle. I'm willing to leave my life behind and start fresh with Zbelle.

Colby nods in understanding.

"The enemies are out there, but we'll take care of them for you." Bill said and Colby agrees.

"Thanks guys." I tell them.

"Don't thank us. Your parents helped us in so many ways. We're returning the favor."

    After telling them I'm leaving this life, I went home to see Zbelle.

She has changed my life.

     ***

"So tomorrow, we're going to the hospital." Zee told me over dinner.

"Why? Are you hurt?" I asked.

She rolls her eyes, saying,"No. But don't you wanna know if it's a boy or girl?"

"I want both. Twins." I said.

"In my opinion, yes. Everyone deserves a second chance, but to do the right thing. Be better." She said, giving me another smile.

I look at her with a smile. She makes me fall in love with her more and more everyday.

- Really short chapter -

Comment & vote. Thanks.