Chapter 22

Adams P.O.V.

I've been watching Lotte all the time since she got over here. There's something wrong. Mary doesn't seem to notice it, she's too hooked up at the movie to notice Lottes sad expression.

So now when Mary has gone to the bathroom to change, I think it's for me to talk with her. I don't like seeing her sad, she's always been this happy girl making everybody happy too. So I'll do my best to make her happy again.

"Lotte? Is everything alright? You've been looking really miserable since you came here!" Lotte looks at me. She's been looking out of that window for like 5 minutes now. It's like she's dreaming away to a better place. Something is wrong.

She sighs and looks down.

"I don't know anymore! I've been so confused about everything since I've met Facundo. It's like, I love Villiam and then again, I don't. It's has nothing to do with that Villiam isn't nice to me or anything. It's just I can't seem to stop thinking of Facundo every now and then!" As she's talking her eyes begins to tear up and I walk over and wrap an arm around her shoulder.

"Lotte, do you love Villiam? I now it's hard to answer, but I'm sure you already now the answer to that, right?" She hesitates, but then she nods.

"Yes, I do!" She whispers.

"Then what is the answer Lotte?" I push a little. I want her to say it so she's not doubting it.

"I... I love Facundo!" She then begins to cry. I hug her tightly and lets her cry on my shoulder. "But I.. Can't tell him, what about Villiam. Oh Adam what am I gonna do?"

I sigh, not knowing what to do or say.

"To be honest with you. I don't know Lotte. You'll have to find out for yourself. I can't make that decision for you. I'm sorry!" I say truthfully. She nods. This begins to make me think about me and Mary.

"I know, I know. But ugh, it's so hard!" I soothe her shoulders, while she sobs.

"Well, just follow your heart! Do what you think is the right thing to do. If you love Facundo just go with it, but how you'll have to tell Villiam it, is what you'll have to figure out!" She nods and stays quiet. She finally calms down, we release from the hug and she whips her tears away. She sniffs a couple of time.

"What about you and Mary? I know what's been going on. There's this little glint in your eyes whenever someone mentions her name or whenever you two are together!" There's a little pause and then: "do you love her?"

I'm taking back by what she's telling me. A sudden heat rises to my cheeks and I look down. I can't love her. I won't love her, but my heart is telling me other wise.

"I can't and I shouldn't!" I whisper feeling my heart sink.

"But you do!" She says it more like a statement not a question.

"I do!" My heart seems to flutter by these two words and I sigh.

"What's so wrong with loving her, Adam?" She takes a step towards me with a concerned look. I shrug despairing.

"She's so young and innocent! I'm afraid that once we've been together for a long time she'll want someone her own age!" She sighs daringly and puts her hand on my shoulder. I look up at her with sad eyes.

"Adam! Stupid boy! You know Mary!" She tells me kindly. "You know she'd never do that to a guy that is so faithful to her as you! She'd only leave you if you hurt her really badly! Also mine and Marys father is 6 1/2 years older than our mother! It's not so bad at all!" My eyes lit up with little hope at the last thing she tells me! There's 6 1/2 years between their father and mother? Wow. Maybe there is a chance after all!