Birthdays

Prompt: Say it's a Sidemen 'Family' tradition for a birthday boy to be able to ask one thing of each other Sideman. In the past it's been common practice for the birthday boy to ask each Sideman for one thing to make a party; like asking Harry for a cake, Josh for crisps, Simon for soda, JJ for alcohol, etc. This year, however, something changes. Maybe the birthday Sideman asks for a kiss from his crush, or maybe he doesn't know what to ask for, so wishes it to be a surprise.
Bonus: Try not to include the obvious "big party, drunk people, confessions, kiss" sequence. Go for something interesting, and try not to get anyone drunk.
Random Idea: Try making the birthday boy a total introvert who hates parties, and even more bonus for having them selflessly decide to ask for things that benefit the other Sidemen, not himself. (This could be a cool ending where the Sidemen realize that birthday boy is only doing it for them, and decide to surprise him with something special that he might not have asked for).

Choice 2 and hinted Choice 1 with Bonus 1

Tobi's birthday was approaching much faster than the boy wanted to admit. It wasn't that he had any sort of problem with getting older- he really hadn't come to terms with that aspect of his birthday yet. Rather, something else worried the boy. For a long while now, the Sidemen had founded a birthday tradition. The birthday boy got to ask each Sidemen for something, typically items for whatever party they had planned. However, Tobi didn't know what to ask for. This year he's decided he wanted a smaller party with only him and the other Sidemen. It wasn't that he was against the idea of a party, he just wasn't feeling it this year. The same get drunk, pass out, hangover routine was getting old to him, and he wanted his birthday to be special this year. Tobi couldn't completely understand it, but the other Sidemen pretended they understood. That would be enough for now, Tobi had decided.

The only issue with Tobi's brilliant small party plan was that he now had no idea what to ask the guys for. And so, when he was questioned on what he would want, he simply said "surprise me". Since he had said that, Tobi was anxious about what the boys would do. To what extreme were they willing to go to make Tobi regret his request of a surprise?

What Tobi didn't know, however, was that the other Sidemen were taking his birthday very seriously. Simon was in charge of drinks, and making sure there was nothing alcoholic. JJ was employed to make a playlist- something for background noise that Tobi would still like. Ethan would find the snacks for the party, ensuring that Tobi's favorite snacking foods were available. Harry had offered to make a cake, and the others agreed on the account that he got someone responsible to help him. And that left Josh and Vik in charge of gifts for Tobi. Josh was put on the job as Tobi's best friend, seeing as he would know Tobi's interests the best. And Vik was there for a whole different reason.

Tobi may have a tiny -major- crush on Vik. Not a little "awe he's cute but he's my friend so no" crush, but a "oh my god he's in the same room as me and I might faint because oh god he hugged me" crush. Josh was surprisingly the only Sidemen who knew of this, at least until now. Josh had only told Vik though, and even what he told the short Sidemen wasn't the full truth. As far as the other Sidemen knew, Vik was helping with gifts because of his own crush on Tobi. And it wasn't wrong, that was the original purpose of Vik aiding Josh. But now with Josh's own secret plan, Vik had an extra job on his plate.

You'll have to wait to find out what it is, though. For now, the focus will come to Tobi's birthday.

When Tobi arrived at the Sidemen house, he was a little nervous to say the least. He trusted his friends wholeheartedly, but he also knew his friends very well. Tobi took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He rocked slightly on his feet, listening as he heard footsteps approaching the door and- was that soft music? Josh opened the door, grinning from ear to ear. He hugged his best friend of many long years, before allowing him into the house. Entering into the main room, Tobi was surprised to see small quantities of snacks and drinks decorating tables. The other Sidemen were all standing in a line, and they all called out happy birthday to him at the same time. Tobi smiled and laughed, thanking them all. When his eyes searched the room, he saw video game consoles set up by the TV. All his favorite games that they owned were lined up by the console, making Tobi smile wider. He flickered his eyes between the line-up and the others, as if asking for permission. Simon granted it, telling him it was his birthday after all.