Not A Dream At All!!! (Overwatch x Reader)

They woke up with a start but it's the pain that came after that bothered them. It wasn't a usual kind of pain, but one that made them shoot up like a bottle rocket in the sky on 4th of July. As they opened their eyes, they saw that there was chaos all around, people screaming but it was what was coming right at them that scared them to no end. Out of nowhere, there was a man with a Reaper mask on his face, aiming his shotguns right at their location. 

"Death walks among you." He says with a darkening edge to his voice as he points the guns, ready to kill.

'This has to be a dream...Overwatch is a video game...isn't it? All I can remember is my name but the better question is....HOW THE HELL DO I ESCAPE REAPER WITH HIS GUNS THAT CLOSE TO ME?!' they are thinking as he keeps trying to shoot at them as they run. 'Just a dream, just a dream, JUST A DREAM!' They shout to themselves as they suddenly find themselves tripping over a rock, landing wrong on their leg. Trying to get up, they fall and realize it is not a dream, that the pain is real and that what they thought they knew was wrong. 

'Yep, this is how I die, one of my favorite video games actually killing me in the game.' They admit as the shotguns is pointed right at them.

"It's High Noon." Is all that can heard from behind them as someone shoots a gun off and hits the man in the mask right in the abdomen as he starts to teleport away, trying to keep from bleeding out. 

"Well well well, if this isn't worth more than the problems they have around us." The cowboy who shot the gun says as he holds a hand out to them. 

"The name is McCree but you can call me Jesse." He says with a smile when they take his hand.

"I know exactly who you are but what I want to know is how did I get here?" they start to ask as they hear someone laugh maniacally and look over and see Reaper, preparing to do his Ult. 

"Die, Die, Die!" He yells and they push Jesse out of the way taking majority of the bullets to the abdomen. 

"Shit, not this. Mercy, we need healing here, casualty to a civilian!" is all they here before they pass out.

*Time Skip brought to you by Hanzo and Genji's Dragons*

They woke up to a more severe pain but what got them was that the pain was from the headache they had forming in their head and the sound of what could be a heart monitor. They open their eyes and see that they are no longer in a battlefield but in a clean looking medical room. 

"Ah, good, glad to see that you are awake." Is heard as they turn to see a woman who was speaking with a slight accent. They looked over and was surprised. "I am..." she start to say as they answer for her. 

"Angela Ziegler, alias of Mercy, the head medic of the Overwatch Team" they blush as she nods and looks at them, checking their wounds. "How is McCree?" They ask as she smiles and writes down their information. 

"He is in perfect health. Barely even a scratch but you managed to take majority of the bullets, about 5 in total. You have been out for about 3 days." She informs them as they look at the roof.

"You didn't tell anyone your name or how you came to be in the middle of a battle field during a Talon attack. So if you don't mind me asking, can you tell me anything?" she asks as they think for a moment and sigh. 

"All I can remember is that my name is (Y/N) and that this is supposed to be a video game yet it feels too real to be a dream. The last thing I remember was going to bed in my room then I woke up in the middle of the battle field." They reply as she nods and looks at their chart. 

"You will have to stay here for at least 2 days but then you will be ready to leave. Do you have any family to contact regarding your whereabouts?" She asks as they shake their head, still in shock that they were now trapped in this world.

"How is that civilian that was hit, Dr. Ziegler?" is heard by them, a rough voice asks as they try to sit up, seeing the familiar visor that belongs to the soldier himself, Soldier 76. 

"They will recover but we have a problem, they seem to say that they are from another world and that they know us as a video game." She says as the masked man looks their way. 

"That can't be accurate. If that was the case, we would have known about that kind of technology." He says as they sit up, grunting from the pain and looked right at him.

"It's true. Why else would I try to save McCree? I knew that a blast that close and at that proximity would result in imminent death while if I managed to do a tactical roll, he could shot while I took the lead." They would say as they looked at him, ignoring the pleas from Mercy to lay back down. 

"I knew about Dr. Ziegler before she could introduce herself to me and I knew about how she saved Genji from death." They say as Mercy looks at them, surprise on her face. 

"That...that wasn't even on record." She says as they nod.

"So you have insider information that could help us. If so, we will gladly take whatever information you know and then ensure that Talon doesn't find you again." Soldier says as they look right at him. 

"No, no matter where I go, Talon will find me so I rather fight, I want to fight to save the world, I want to protect innocent people from dying, and I can help!" They yell as Soldier yells. 

"Absolutely not! You are a civilian that was caught in the crossfire of one of my best men and the top gun of Talon so I refuse to let you be a part of this war!" He continues yelling as Mercy gets between us.

"Jack...they saved McCree and did so without any thought about their wellbeing, just like someone else I know." She whispers as he looks at them and shakes his head. 

"I said no and don't try to convince the others to have them join, I will make it known that they are to not allow them in!" He yells as she looks away with a guilty expression. 

"Angela...you didn't?!" He yells as she looks at him. 

"They took more damage than anyone I have seen that was not a Tank or Reaper...They risked their life to ensure that Jesse got a clean shot at him. This is the least we can do. The few of us....Ana, Lucio, Symmetra, Zenyatta and myself...we try what we can to heal you all in battle but we need help too. Talon has more power because of Reaper." She looks at them and smiles gently.

"Besides, McCree already asked the others and put it to a vote...it was 18-3 Jack...they stick around until we find them a way home." She says as the look at them and Soldier shakes his head. 

"Fine but I am not babysitting them, they better learn to defend themselves." He says as he shakes his head and leaves the Med-Bay. 

Mercy smiles at them and holds out her hand. "Welcome to Overwatch"

***BONUS***

McCree: I see them as Offense, they can really take a punch

Reinhardt: They are strong and loyal, they would rather train with us to be the best shield around.

Mei: But they did defend you McCree, I think they are better suited for those of us under Defense.

Lucio: Yo, we need them here, they can learn to be a healer! Besides, we are the smallest group among us!

Junkrat: Maybe I can teach them to blow things up!

Everyone: NO BOMBS AROUND THE NEW RECRUIT!!!

*Fighting among themselves as Tracer, Winston, Mercy and Hanzo shake their heads, offering to train them suitably until they decide where to pick*

Tracer: Don't worry Love, no matter where you pick, we will still support you.

Hanzo: Yes, it seems that we are the only ones who can be mature. We will always be beside you, as long as you stand with us.

Mercy: I better take them back to the infirmary, if everyone all want to train them, they will need to be of perfect health.

Winston: Again, welcome to Overwatch.