Talk To Me! (Hanzo x Reader)

Silence...That's what was happening between them and Hanzo as he does not realize that it was killing them because all they wanted to do was help him after he was caught crying by them at about 2 am. 

"My love, you should return to bed." He instructs as he hold his box in his hand with an intent to go practice. They shook their head and looked at him. The anniversary of Genji's 'Death' was around the corner and it was killing him to relive the memories.

"Dearest, please return to bed, you are tired that you can barely stand so you are in no condition to even nock the quiver to the string." They explain as he shakes his head and goes to continue training, leaving them alone and hopes that maybe he can open up finally and won't keep shutting them out. 

He wishes that he would return to his usual serious self and not this person they wished he was not. That is when an idea came into their mind and went to set their plan in motion.

He returned a few hours later and was surprised by the sight before him. They had been asleep at the table with a box in front of them along with several pieces of crumpled paper. They were looking through a box of memories that Hanzo thought was hidden before he saw that it was that of the ones from Genji. 

He silently cursed his brother but something caught his eye before walking towards them and among them was a note addressed to him. Cautiously, he took the note and read it while preparing him some tea.

Dearest Hanzo,

I know how hard this time is for you but you do not realize that it is a hard time for me as well. I have been with you for the past 2 years and I have stood by you without so much as a peep when you are upset but tonight, when you left me alone in the training room, I felt my heart shatter far worse than I have in the 2 years together but I am keeping to my promise, I will never leave you.

I know that Genji was your brother and that you still blame yourself for that but you were under the rule of your own clan and I know how strong you were appear. I stood by your side and I am not leaving now. Genji is here, he has forgiven you but you refuse to forgive yourself which makes me feel like I am failing as your partner.

Genji told me that you used to look forward to my visits when I was at another base but now, I come home to the man who I love drinking his pain and memories away instead of talking to me. I want to share your pain because it is not right that you take mine and hold that in while you harbor yours.

Do you remember our first fight? The day I accidently spilled your tea and ruined a kimono that Genji got you. You told me to get out and never come back but do you remember what I did next? I apologized, fixed my mistake and stayed by your side. I will fight for our love but Hanzo, why do I feel like this love is becoming a burden to you? Is it because the pain is better than me?

Hanzo, I will change, I will be a better partner and I will become more submissive if that means I get to keep you and not see you like this. Hanzo, I love you and I will never stop loving you.

Please, don't let me go...I love you

(Y/N)

He looked at their sleeping form to see that there were tears that were drying from crying and that broke his heart. Yes, he had focused on himself and did not see how much he was hurting his beloved. 

He was trying to punish himself but ended up punishing the love of his life in the end when he walked out on them, causing him to be no better than what he thought. But it was the last little paragraph that broke him.

They were willing to change, to become something they are not because they loved him. He did not want them to change. He loved how they laughed at how he would show up the others during training. 

He loved how they would prepare his tea just like he enjoys it. He enjoyed meditating with them after a long day and somehow, they both hold hands. He wanted nothing more now than to kiss them, tell them that he is sorry and that he loves them.

"H-Hanzo?" A soft voice says as they wake up from beside him and suddenly they rush to him, wiping his eyes and asking what is the problem. He did not realize he was crying and it was in that moment, he grabbed them in a hug, apologizing for hurting them and telling them to never change.

"Hanzo, can we please go to bed and talk about this after a few hours of sleep?" They said as a slight yawn comes from their lips and he chuckles softly and holds them close, telling them that it was perfect and that they could talk during breakfast tomorrow after meditation. They smiled and lead them to bed, holding him close and finally falling back to sleep as he held them close in his arms.

He has made mistakes in the past, some mistakes he still is trying to find redemption for but when it comes to them, he will move the sun, the stars and the moon if they would stay in his life. They were what will keep him sane and keep him being himself. He wanted nothing more than to keep them happy and know that they are loved. 

 "I love you Hanzo" was mumbled from inside his arms as he smiled and he knew that with those words, they would never leave.

"I love you too, my beautiful love...sleep sweetly for me."

For the first time in 10 years...his heart can finally feel some bit of peace.