Angel of Music (Lucio x Reader)

(So I have been looking into so many Musicals that lately, it is become an addiction to me but I love it!!! I just want people to know that I am using Female Pronouns but as you read it, you will understand when you read it. Sorry if this upsets anyone but like I said, it will make sense you read this.)

Man, he was so happy that he can finally release his latest single for this album but lately, his muse has been busy with work so he was missing her. You see, she were just as musically inclined as he was but instead of just the fast pace of dance and rhythm he does, she loves to sing more of the musical numbers and she used to sing opera as he smiled at that memory.

***FLASHBACK***

The first time they had met, she was playing Angelica from the Broadway show: Hamilton yet that is not what stopped him in his tracks. She was singing to "Congratulations" and he could feel the love and heartache in her singing. He was surprised by the amount of dedication when he walked past her dressing room, hearing her practice that he fell head over skate for her. He had seen the show only once, put on by some students in a school near the crowded favela he grew up in.

"Shoot, I keep messing up." He heard someone said from the other side of the door but that is what caught him as he knocked on the door. "Just a second." he hears but when she opened the door, they locked eyes and she was surprised.

"I'm sorry but is everything ok?" He asked as she blushed and looked down.

"Yeah, just not in my element with this." She admitted and he looked at her.

"What is your element then?" He asked as she blushed and looked down.

"I am used to singing more of operatic style." This did surprise him, an opera singer trying to sing musicals, this was new to him.

"Can I hear some?" He asks as she blushes deeper and thinks before rushing off and finding her music for an upcoming audition for The Phantom of the Opera. She looked so nervous yet when she found the music, he could tell that she was just so happy to have something so familiar to her that she could sing as well as she can.

"I hope you don't mind...it's one of my favorite songs so I hope I do it justice." He smiles and nods as he listens as the music starts and she seems to relax as her eyes closed.

"You were once my one companion, You were all that mattered.

You were once a friend and father, Then my world was shattered.

Wishing you were somehow here again, Wishing you were somehow near.

Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed, Somehow you would be here.

Wishing I could hear your voice again, Knowing that I never would.

Dreaming of you won't help me to do, All that you dreamed I could."

Passing bells and sculpted angels, Cold and monumental.

Seem for you the wrong companions, You were warm and gentle."

He saw her crying as she sang and he was starting to tear up himself, maybe this song was more special then he realized. Had she lost her father as the song implied but like a sailor out at sea, her voice was calling him in and it seemed she had been practicing this song since she was a child. The way she was holding herself, she seemed to be stressed yet, she was so relaxed. It amazed him that someone could have such grace and poise.

Too many years fighting back tears, Why can't the past just die?!

He felt the emotion as she busted into tears and he was starting to cry with her as she concluded her song as she was holding her hands on her stomach as she sang, she has such a beautiful form and voice that he smiled and was crying with her.

"Wishing you were somehow here again, Knowing we must say, 'Goodbye'.

Try to forgive, teach me to live, Give me the strength to try.

No more memories, no more silent tears, No more gazing across the wasted years.

Help me say, "Goodbye', Help me say, 'Goodbye'."

He could hear the emotion in her voice and she was trying to hold herself together as he walked up to her, wiping her eyes as she blushed, looking at him. "Sorry, I get a little emotional with that song. It reminds me of my own parents and how Christine was close to her father before he died." She says as he grabs her in a hug.

"That has to be the best singing I have heard in such a long time!" He admits as he hugs her and she hold tightly too. She was still blushing a horrible mess

"That was the best singing I heard as well. Such emotion and depth she put into the song makes me think she was born to play Christine in my production." an unknown voice says behind them as they turn to see Mrs. Evelyn Salvador, the executive producer for the Phantom of the Opera in Brazil. 

"Hey Evelyn" He greets her as she smiles and looks over her newest discovery.

"You have a beautiful voice and your body is the perfect appearance for Christine." She hands her a thick book but upon second look, it is discovered to be script of Christine from the play and her eyes water up. "Also, how is your vocal cords right now?" she asks as (Y/N) looks confused.

"I am struggling with playing Angelica but I can try." She says as Evelyn holds up her hand and calls for the director. The short man looked upset to be interrupted and was about to yell for them to not bother him but when he saw who it was, he rushed over like he was being chased by Reinhardt himself.

"Ms. (Y/L/N) will be needing to change scripts with the lead you have playing Eliza, she has a better set of vocal ranges for her while your lead girl has a limited range and does good to carry the songs the way they need to be sang." She smiles and then looks at both Lucio and (Y/N). "And I look forward to seeing this performance and how you both will perform together in my future productions.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

The sound of the studio door opening revealed a smiling woman, his beautiful opera singer, holding a bag of takeout food and 2 bottles of water and he knew, he was smitten with her. He would have no one other than the operatic singer before him.