Chapter 1

With her hair down loosely, she walked down the spiral hallway to the Hokage's mansion, and was allowed immeadiate access by the ANBUS; who looked initmidated by one thrice smaller their size.

Hiruzen lowered his book to meet her eyes. 'Hokage-sama, what is the next mission?' She bent one knee down the hard floor. The Third Hokage sighed, but he wasn't sure if it was out of irritation that she no longer called him 'grandpa'; or the disturbance that light no longer shone in her eyes as bright as before, or that her tone was as cold as ice.

Misaki was recently on fire with missions. If she had finished one in three days, she would take another one up in another three to four days. Even if Hiruzen insisted that the missions were occupied enough by other well-bodied ninjss, Misaki trained her skills everyday, exerting her body so much that it created new limits for her, allowing her to throw away the old and battered ones. Now, she could take any mission up easily; whether it was A-ranked or even S-ranked: a thing that no 10 month-ed jounin could ever acheive breathlessly except her. 

As much as Hiruzen appreciated that Misaki was benefitting the village by reputation and financially, he worried that continuous use of her body like this will make permanent results in the future. And also, she hadn't talked or interacted much with the people around her as much as before, even Kakashi and Rin.

He also worried as much as Minato about her mental state. Although she had shown no signs of a mental disorder, Hiruzen was afraid that Misaki was venting out her sadness through, sad to say, through a rather smart way, which was by out-peforming her duties as a ninja to the leaf.

'Misaki, how about you consider this and leave it to the An-' She shook her head.

'Hokage-sama, I think I can handle this.'

'But -'

'Please, Hokage-sama, everyone else is out on a mission this week. Send me out of here.' The plea in her voice defeated Hiruzen, although not entirely.

'I also need you to bring some ANBU members with you as well.' Feeling that what he offered was quite reasonable, Misaki nodded. She did not have to dispute the selection of the ANBU members as well - since she worked professionally with anyone on hand.

The Third Hokage dropped the scroll into Misaki's left palm, and her fingers tightened around the hard leather case. Suddenly she remembered something.

'Wait - which ANBU member is the leader?'

The Hokage raised his eyebrow. 'Obviously, it's you.'

Misaki widened her eyes. She had never been in charge of senior ANBUS before, only people of equaled rank or lower.

'W-what?'

'Don't worry - they're new rookies that I assigned under me. I think they're fairly skilled to join you on this mission.'

Misaki sighed in relief: she was saved from the embarrassment and gossip. She then spreaded the scroll wide open with her thumb and index finger.

'An assassination mission, huh?' She muttered; and a rather important one as well. The opponents were apparently skilled ninjas that betrayed the Konoha by stealing top secret ninjutsus of several clans in Konoha. There are a total of four targets, and shockingly, they belonged to no clan, but they excelled in bukijutsu and could also use powerful genjutsu techniques against their rivals.

This missions sounded fairly simple to her, now Misaki hope that the Hokage paired up good ANBUS to work with her.

'Are you dispatching any Inuzuka or Uchiha ANBU member?'  A tracker specialised would come in handy when it dives down to locating these traiters, and one that dispels illusions naturally with a kekkei genkai equipped is even better.

'Unfortunately, most of our Uchiha ANBUs are on other missions, but I am sending Kai and Ryui with you on this mission.' He continued to narrow his eyes at her.

'...Is there any other reason you're assigning ANBUs with me?'

Damn, she could read minds before she understood the concept of reading minds all together. The Hokage lowered his wrinked hands and shook his head naively, so Misaki did not pursue the topic.

'Understood.' Then she was off again.

af">This missions sounded fairly simple to her, now Misaki hope that the Hokage paired up good ANBUS to work with her.

'Are you dispatching any Inuzuka or Uchiha ANBU member?'  A tracker specialised would come in handy when it dives down to locating these traiters, and one that dispels illusions naturally with a kekkei genkai equipped is even better.

'Unfortunately, most of our Uchiha ANBUs are on other missions, but I am sending Kai and Ryui with you on this mission.' He continued to narrow his eyes at her.

'...Is there any other reason you're assigning ANBUs with me?'

Damn, she could read minds before she understood the concept of reading minds all together. The Hokage lowered his wrinked hands and shook his head naively, so Misaki did not pursue the topic.

'Understood.' Then she was off.

______________________________________________________

The picture used does not belong to me; and it is just used for the story. All rights belong to the original owner ^_^