Chapter 3

She suddenly stopped with a screeching halt, so did Kai and Ryui. Their footsteps broke the silence of the forests, as all three of them  touched the temples of their forehead.  'Inoichi...?' Misaki said, fearful that she might be wrong; but once his mind was allowed inside theirs, she knew she was right, but the Mind Body Transmission Technique also can convey strong emotions. The emotion was distraught.

'Misaki, where are you now?' She was startled by the harsh tone to his voice, but she responded with a usual coldness. 'We're just slightly outside the borders, why?'

'The hidden mist...' Once Inoichi had finished talking, she felt like she was dumped into an endless river that relieved her from oxygen. A crushing feeling was in her chest; which made her difficult to breath. Slowly, painfully, she found the voice to talk again but instead, it shouted.

'Where - are - they?' She already sped up so fast that Ryui and Kai had to channel chakra into their soles. The wind grew icy as it plagued her ears, and the whispers that haunted her on the day Obito died returned, stronger, deadlier than she remembered it to be.Those very hisses suddenly gripped her heart, making it to think straight.

Whispered that they have left,

and maybe that she should let go.

                             -------------------------------------------------------------------------

 There was a sudden darkness, and black clouds began forming in the sky. There were vivid flashes of lightning too. Suddenly, it started to rain. In the beginning, it was only a drizzle; but soon the tiny drizzles came as a outright downpour. The rain was drilling away on her head, and she was already sopping wet. Rain dripped down her perfectly arched nose, but she still ran, not caring if she over-used her chakra(she had too much anyways), or that the verocity of the rain lashed down so heavily that it felt like acid to her skin.

Clenching her teeth, she focused more chakra into her soles to catch the branch ahead, and swung herself down to the ground. With urging realization, she pushed herself forward, staggering to her feet. Angry, despaired, and confused, the dizziness was so overwhelming that she stumbled, and grazed her knees on the broken debris. Trembling, she reached her hand forward to dig her fingers on the ground to push herself on, only realizing it was wet, and all rocks. No grass at all. 

A tear leaked out from her left eye, and her fingers brushed on to Rin's arm that was as cold as ice.

'No...' She said as if saying it will change the truth, and the tears came faster. Collapsing into Rin's lifeless body, she screamed with sobs that no physical pain could ever cause. She thought, childishly, maybe if she cried more, Rin would be fine again.

No, it was not the case. There was no ever chance to revive the heartbeats that thumped in Rin's heart. No medical ninjutsu could ever resurrect the dead. Unless, it was a forbidden jutsu. Dark emotions formed at that thought,  but grief pushed it away as a cat would do to a mouse. 

Gradually, every emotional pain she felt came seeping through every nook and cranny of her her body like a new-born waterfall. She cradled Rin's limp body like she would do to a babe, before feeling a strange ache to her eyes.She forced herself to look at her reflection. Her face looked pulverised, broken and watched as the rain water streams down her face. Her breathing shallows, and all she could feel was the surge of power racing into her eyes. The Mangekyeo Sharingan was in her veins.

I don't want this...I want Obito, I want Rin back.

She knew she wouldn't die, at least in a long time, but she felt so battered that she was half-convinced that she wouldn't live for long under this condition. She wished for that selfishly, and as the world blurred around her, the pain numbs so her heart didn't hurt so much. She had only the last bit of strength to turn her head towards Kakashi, and the dead Hidden Mist ninja around her. 

She shook at the sight of Kakashi's bloodied hand, a lump rising her throat.

'K-kakashi...' He killed her, he killed her. Resentment towards him came abruptly, dazzled like lightning, before the sadness vapourised it like how dark clouds would do to a clear sky. She shook her head, she couldn't hate him, she couldn't, even if she forced herself to. He was still her member on Team Minato, and now, the very last one. Oh, how painful it must have been for him, empathy told her. 

'I'm sorry.' She sobbed, sick with the thought that if only she had arrived sooner, maybe she would have been able to save not only Rin, even Obito. She had doomed them all, but she knew that there was nothing good she could do now. How could I have been so selfish just a sudden, to leave you, Kakashi...? 

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... She teared.

So feverish with convulsion, Daisuke's voice had started to become distant echoes to her red ears. Her eyes stung with more salty tears, and her lungs swammed with denseness that weighed her entire being down. Her body shuddered with a last burning sob, her life seeping through the cracks. Consciousness was waning on her...

Darkness then claimed her in, but whether it was forceful or by will, Misaki doesn't know. And maybe she never will.