Chapter 14

It was a spring day in Konoha, the sun was kind, a faint orange, unobstructed and nearly invisible to the sky. The smell of green grass and flowers wafted out of the distant forests and into Konoha. Again, it was the blossoms, the cherry blossoms that made it all worth it. With each day, the soft petals grew brighter, more vibrant and cheerful; a pink so sweet it was almost tangible. The village were blessed with these striking trees shading them. It seemed wrong to bar windows on such a lovely day, Misaki's heart will never stop melting at their beauty, but then, there was also an ache in the heart on such perfect days, a longing that they could last forever stitched against the knowledge that tomorrow would be different, then in life a few promises would be given.

'How do you feel?' Misaki asked Kakashi and brushed past the milky curtains, feeling her legs shake from lack of use. She had examined herself in the early morning, and as much as she hated to admit it, she had not given much thought to her health recently, therefore it had deteriorated. Lack of sleep and eating, over-training, attending missions were all factors that she did not regret, but factors still nevertheless. She could not lie to her many years of training as a medical ninja, but even so, it wasn't a huge problem. Misaki recovered quickly, in fact, if she just slept for 24 hours, she was confident that she could be back to her normal state.

Though she couldn't say the same thing for Kakashi. He was the complete opposite to her when it came to physical comparisons. Sure, he was a guy and had a bigger muscle mass naturally. But then, he had low reserves of chakra and average stamina that limited his span of strength under many circumstances such as these, so he needed more time to rest than Misaki. Based on her observation, a week's rest sounded pleasant and much needed under her careful supervision.

Kakashi did not advert his gaze from his book, his facial expression attempting to be relaxed in his position, and he glanced at her with a reassuring twitch of his thin eyebrow. 

'Well, I need to rest.' He said, sighing as he adjusted himself again against his pillow and placed his arm behind his head gruffly, diving back into the story at hand, barely giving Misaki any of his attention.

It was enough to make her smile, so she stumbled back into bed, anxious for even more sleep as her world compressed back into the welcoming darkness. Only this time, the visions came into jagged splits and cuts, so fast that Misaki couldn't keep up, which gave her a little more rest than before, but distracting enough that she woke several hours later in the afternoon, still finding Kakashi in the same position as before, only the pages of his book thickened drastically.

She scoffed lightly, too soft for Kakashi to hear. 

'You awake?' He flipped to the next page, and Misaki crossed over to him, and he let her do so without argument.

'How are you feeling?' She turned on her sharingan, and everything turned black, the light only emitting from the presence of chakra. His vitals were looking good and his chakra was flowing simultaneously as well. He was doing better than she expected; perhaps a little quietness did  do well to both of them.

'Improving.' He admitted.

'I can tell.' She exhaled deeply, about to close her eyes and inhale the afternoon air...

But the sudden swipe of familiar chakra jerked her head upwards, shoving her tiredness aside abruptly. A sharp rush of nervousness surged through her. Kakashi flung his book out of his hands in surprise, his throat and eyes tightening at the same.

Minato.

He came to a stop a few meters away from Kakashi's bed, held his head up casually and pulled a gentle smile. His youthful face glimmered under the soft sun, but it did not conceal the fact that his eyes was also deep and hazy with emotions that they had yet to decipher.