Date Night

Tessa's Thoughts

       I can say that twins are difficult, but whatever. I think Sebastian and I are doing just fine. I mean I have to take care of two lives that depend on us.

Sebastian's Thoughts

        Okay, I don't want to complain or anything, but I think Tess is way too attached to Heidi and Griffin. She will not let them out of her sight except at work. I'll try to do something with her, but she will not do anything unless it is with the twins.

Sebastian's POV

       I walked into the teachers lounge, and sat down in one of the seats at the table. I sipped the coffee, and began to read my book.
       "Hey, where's Tessa?" Sam asked.
       "At the daycare to visit Heidi and Griffin." I answered.
        "Oh, so how's that going?" He questioned.
        "It's going well, I guess." I replied.
        "What's with the 'I guess'?" He asked.
        "Well, don't tell Tess I said any of this, but I feel like we are drifting farther apart ever since the twins were born." I explained. "She  barely has any time to actually sit and talk unless it's about Heidi and Griffin. I love Heidi and Griffin, but I don't get any alone time with my wife." I explained.
         "I have a solution to your problem. Date Night." He states as if they were in bold lights.
          "Date Night?" I asked curiously.
          "Yeah, you and Tess go to Breadsticks or something, and I can watch the babies." He explained.
            "Hm, that is actually a great idea, Sam." I nodded. After five minutes, Tessa walked into the teachers lounge.
            "Hey, sweetie." She smiled as she sat next to me. "Hey Sam."
            "Hi." Sam looks at me like I should ask her now.
             "Hey, Tess, uh, maybe on Friday we can go to Breadsticks?" I asked.
             "Yeah, a family dinner, perfect!" She smiled.
             "No, like me and you." I interrupted. "Sam said he would be able to watch Heidi and Griffin." I explained.
              "I don't know." She looks at Sam with that look.
               "You can trust me!" He acted innocent. "I'll take perfect care of the kids. Trust me. I'm your best friend." He began to persuade.
              After a few short seconds, she opened her mouth to say, "Why not."

Tessa's POV

              It was Friday night, I put on a magenta dress that had cool patterns on it with heels to match.
(The dress she wore)

        My hair was in a fancy updo

             When I did my make up, I walked downstairs to Sebastian in a suit and tie

             When I did my make up, I walked downstairs to Sebastian in a suit and tie. He smiled.
             "Okay, uh, is Sam here?" I asked.
             "Yeah, I told him everything he needs to know, he's in the living room with the twins," he explained.
             "Um, okay, I'm just going to go check to make sure Sam is—" I got cut off.
             "Tessa, I got this!" Sam yelled as he interrupted me.
             "Okay, call us if you need anything!" I shouted. I trust Sam, hopefully so he doesn't burn down the house.
             "Bye!" Sebastian yelled as we walked onto the porch. Sebastian led me to our car and he began to drive to Breadsticks; it was kind of quiet. When we got to Breadsticks, I sat down across of Sebastian.
           "So how are your treble tones doing?" He brought up.
            "Good, I had them do duets." She explained. "Is it bad that this place brings back memories from high school?" I asked in curiosity.
             "No, I remember the many dates we had here." He states.
             "Remember the time we had to hide from Blaine and Kurt here." I brought up.
            "Which one? The One on Valentine's Day 2012, or Valentine's Day 2013?" He pointed out.
             "Oh, yeah, I guess it's been a long time since we had an actual date here." I commented.
             "We can try to do date nights once every two weeks," he suggested.
             "Yeah, that sounds like a date every two weeks." I chuckled. He also chuckled. The entire meal, we laughed and talked. For desert we ordered, a chocolate milkshake, and got two straws. We did that thing like they do in the movies, I guess.
          On our way home, I felt the fireworks connect through my eyes again.
         "Listen, Sebastian..." I began. "I'm sorry if I've been a terrible wife lately."
        "Your an amazing wife, you don't need to apologize." He reassured.
        "Ever since the kids were born, I guess I thought I needed all of my attention towards them when really I should have been putting my attention in our relationship." I explained.
        "No, Heidi and Griffin need your love too, and I'm not used to having to share it, but I love you and them." He admits.
        "Awe, this is why I married you." I kissed him in the cheek.
          "I'll kiss you when we get home, just because it's hard to kiss and drive." He joked around.
           "Okay." I chuckled. When we got home, we thanked Sam for putting the twins to bed, and then we went to go watch a movie in our bedroom.