7.PAANIKA

Anika's POV continued:

As I played, my mind averted from him. But it was so much fun to hang out with these Oberois. We played for about an hour until we were all out of energy.

"Bhaiah!! I am so tired." Priyanka said relaxing herself on the bench.

"Then, shall we go back?" Shivaay asked unbuttoning his jacket. I could see his T-shirt perfectly stuck to his well built body soaked in his sweat, illuminating his muscular structure. Instantly I looked away because I already had enough for that day.

"No bhaiah!! Let's sit here for some more time." Rudra sat down leaning against Omkara.

"Hmm. I don't mind" Shivaay said sitting on the grass. He leaned back by resting his weight on to his arms and stretched his legs.

I sat down beside him, sleep hovering me. I was really tired. It was after such a long time I had played again. The soft wind kept brushing my face taking away all my exhaustion and I sighed closing my eyes.

I heard someone bark a laugh which suddenly disturbed my sleep. I didn't know when and for how long I slept but it surely relieved me. When I opened my eyes, I saw Omkara chasing Rudra near the parking lot and Prinku walking behind them chuckling.

I rubbed my eyes with my fingers to clear my vision. And it was when I realised his warmth over my skin. I could feel his familiar scent. I was still sitting on the grass and my head rested on his shoulders.

I looked up quickly, in surprise only to meet his eyes. They were twinkling more than usual under the moon light.

"Got up so early?" He asked with a mischievous grin.

I frowned and looked at my watch wondering how long could I have slept for. It showed half past three.

"I just took a nap for 10 minutes" I said standing up. " why didn't you wake me up?"

"Because.." he stood up, stared at me for a moment before walking away.

"Because???" I shouted "Hey! Shivaay!!! Tell me"

"Nothing." He said peeping back. "Now, let's go. We are already late"

Like really? We were already late. A few seconds extra doesn't make any difference. And what was that? Why did he stop in between? This man is really confusing. I am sure I would go crazy sometime.

I followed him back to the car thinking. I didn't ask him anything because I felt it would be awkward before Omru and Prinku. And even he didn't speak a word after that. We drove back silently to the mansion finally.

.........................................

As we got down the car, Rudra came running to my side and hugged me tightly.

"Anika didi! You are the best" he grinned.

"But for what?" I laughed, breaking the hug.

"You know its been so long since the last night out." He pulled my cheeks and continued "Its just because of your idea that we stayed back and had an awesome time."

"Yeah Anika!! Even I enjoyed it a lot." Om said wrapping his arm around Rudra. "I hope even you did" he looked straight into my eyes to get his answer.

"Yes!! Of course" I said assuring him. I know he was the one who always cared a lot for my well being and comfort.

"Good night Anika. Oops! Good morning actually." Prinku said giggling, cutely holding her water bottle.

"Good morning Prinku!" I smiled, immediately hugging her when Omru joined us.

Shivaay walked up to us after parking the car. He cleared his throat and we all looked at him.

"Even I am here" He said "No one cares for me" he faked a sad pout.

"Bhaiah!" Rudra pulled him into our group hug and I felt complete in the embrace of my family.