14. The New Girl

Anika's POV:

He gently placed one of his palm on my cheek and rubbed it sweetly with his thumb. All I could feel was only his warmth cocooning me and I could strongly smell his after shave cologne.

I thought he would rip me out for spurting water on his perfectly set hair but to my surprise, he pulled me close and scanned my face. His eyes stopped at the lower half of my face.

His stare set my whole body on fire. Goosebumps rippled on my skin and I could feel my heart in my throat, as if I would burp out in any moment if our position long even for a second more.

I could sense my lips trembling yet I was not in a condition to move. It was wrong may be, but I felt right in his embrace. I was lost in his deep blue orbs and I am afraid to agree, right at that moment, my senses were all under his control.

I suddenly tilted my head, leaning on to his shoulder. I could feel his heart beat exactly where my ear was pressed against his chest. It almost felt as a sweet music for me. He wrapped his other arm around my waist. I shut my eyes, grasping in the music and his acquainted warmth.

oh Jaaanaaa!!!
khoya khoya rehta hai
dil tadap ke kehta hai
Tu hi meri jeene ki wajah ❤️❤️❤️

It’s then, I heard someone calling Shivaay’s name out. For an instance I didn’t move. I thought I was hallucinating, because I never heard that voice before.

“Shivaay baby” someone called him again, this time, I could tell the voice was just a few metres away.

Suddenly I jolted back, realising what just had happened!! I looked up at him in shock and I could find the same tensed expression on his face. He rubbed the back of his hair and took a few steps back.

We were out of our mind, weren’t we? My mind scolded me a million times for acting so stupid. It was a silly act in a moment of trance. I shut my eyes and turned my face away, my cheeks red in embarrassment, not able to look into his eyes.

“Shivaay baby” I glanced back to see this new person, A girl in a black miniskirt and a golden crop top, stood before me.

“Ragini...!” He exclaimed.

“I am back” she wrapped her hands around him and pressed her lean frame into him. I didn’t like it though.

Wait! But why? What’s wrong with you Anika?

“When did you arrive? Why didn’t you tell me before?” he questioned, hugging her back.

“Surprise” she laughed and for a blink our eyes met.

“Sorry, I didn’t recognize you!?” she asked, scanning me from top to my toe. I didn’t know why but I didn’t like this girl. I could grasp something michmichi about her.

“I am Anik..”

“She is Anika, daughter of Mom's close friend” He introduced me. “She came here a few days back, to stay with us” I half smiled at her.

“Ohh... I am Ragini, Shivaay's cousin. Glad to meet you.” She smiled, extending her hand.

I am not at all glad meeting you, I thought. I hesitantly shook her hand.

“Anika... Shivaay... Ragini... Dadi  wants every one near the dining. Come fast!” Om came calling for us.

“Om! When did you guys leave?” Shivaay asked. “I didn’t even realise”

“Because you both were so indulged in your stupid fight” Om chuckled.

Phew!! They didn’t see anything. But that's not a stupid fight. I am glad they didn't see us.

“Chalo!” I happily hugged Om's side.

“What is this for?” he gave a puzzled look.

“Nothing! I just missed you”

“ What?" he chuckled again "Pagli” He hugged me and we strode away.
..................................

No one's POV:

“Dadi! Kya hua?” Priyanka asked, settling herself in one of the chairs. Everyone assembled near the dining waiting for her to say.

“Maa! Anything serious? Tej passed a bowl of salad for himself.

“Kisi ko yaad bhi hai navratri aa rahi hai” Dadi enquired angrily.

“Haa mummy ji.... agle theen dinon ke baad hi shuru ho rahe hai” Pinky said, carefully spreading the butter over her sandwich. Jhanvi nodded.

“Everyone remembered but no one instigates the work.” Dadi pouted sadly.

“Dadi, Itni si baat hai? Why are you so tensed?” Shivaay asked standing up. He went near her, bending down on his knees, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Maha aarthi hogi navratri mein. Das dinon ka thyohar hai aur kisi ko kuch pada nai”

“Nahi Maa! I am in search of an event manager. I wanted it to be grand. Aakhir Papa ji ka 80th birthday hai” Jhanvi answered her.

“Bhabhi idea is fantastic. I recently heard about an emerging event managing agency. I think it would be the best if we hire them” Shakti told, checking his phone.

“Here you go, their number” he handed over his mobile to Jhanvi.

“Ab khush?” Omkara joined Shivaay, both of them hugged a smiling Dadi.

"Dadi, Wait and Watch how Rudra Singh Oberoi will celebrate the festival" Rudra said, setting his hair while everyone laughed.
....................................

A/N: Hola guys,
         I know I am four days late but I had exams for the next coming three months.

First of all, thank you so much for 25k. That means a lot for me. Here you go, the next chapter in Anika's POV and watch out, there's a new entry in the mansion.

What do you think about Ragini?

How will the Oberois celebrate the navratri?

From this chapter, I cannot promise you about my next update but surely would do. I had to manage my exams and also the book. So, please don't be angry with me if I am late.

I wanted to tell you, from the next chapter, the real plot with all the love stories would take a step up. I hope you are liking this story.

This is a small update but the next one would be long enough with a lovely Shivika scene.

Yours
Trushnamallipudi ❤️