12. Motii

Shivaay's POV:

I sensed something wrong with her. She was scared, but for what? I didn’t know but I couldn’t see her like this. So I followed her till her room and checked on her in between my breaks.

I still couldn’t understand what I felt for her. “LOVE....!!” A voice whispered.

“No... There is nothing called Love. It will only exist within your family.” Another voice contrasted.

“Then?? What do you call this?”

“ Friendship. She was my childhood friend. It’s called caring for your friend. That’s it.”

Somehow my heart accepted it. Yes!! I care for her, I can’t see her in pain because she was and is my friend. And now she was a part of my family.

“How can you treat her as a part of your family, Shivaay? She had just started living with you. You don’t know exactly what she is. You can’t trust her so easily.” My mind warned me.

I know she was just living with us from past 20 days. In fact that she was a stranger. But this was something which my heart cannot accept. She already stole a part in every one’s heart.

Keeping aside all my thoughts, I prepared my brother’s favourite pasta.

..........,................................

Shivaay placed three bowls of pasta on the table and all the three sat down to continue their 'Round table conference'

Now it was Rudy's turn to narrate his sad story.

“Shuru karo” Om patted Rudra, eating his pasta.

“I am enjoying my food. Let me eat peacefully.” Rudra said, taking a spoonful of pasta in to his mouth. Om rolled his eyes at him.

“Ab tu bolega bhi ya nahi?” asked an irritated Omkara, after a few minutes.

“Yeah!” Rudra said, wiping the pasta sauce from his lips.

Rudra’s POV:

I stood at the main entrance of the college, carefully examining the board. It was scribbled with big letters “KL University” I could feel the adrenaline rush through my body, to enter my graduation college, to meet my new friends.

As a member of renowned 'Oberoi' family, many of them could easily recognise me, 'Rudra Singh Oberoi'
Girls were always crazy about me. As I stepped inside, a gang of girls surrounded me, asking me for a selfie.

A proud smile appeared over my face, looking at my mad fan girls. I allowed them to take as many pictures as they wanted. That was a minimum courtesy as a celebrity, I thought.

Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name. It was a girl again!

I looked around, and my eyes fell on a short figure, hidden in the crowd, couldn’t see her face clearly. So, I pushed and walked past these girls, only to meet a chubby, cute and short girl, crossing her hands against the chest. She could barely reach my shoulders.

She contained a 'What' wala expression, written on her face. She raised her eyebrow.

“Oye!! Can’t you hear? I was calling from you past two minutes.” She yelled at me. I stood bewildered for a moment.

“Sunayi nayi deta kya?” she hollered again. I composed myself and straightened.

“What??” I snapped. I didn’t like the way she was yelling my name. My name was made to be yelled out by crazed fan girls, not in anger by girls like her.

“Senior se 'what' bolega tu?” She glared, stepped forward, her eyes meeting mine.

I didn’t know there was ragging here. Bhaiah ne toh bola ki aisa kuch nai hai iss college mein. Then what was this?  I didn’t want to be ragged by anyone. Because I was Rudra Singh Oberoi. I remembered Dad telling me to create my own identity, not using our family name. But I don’t think I had a choice now.

She held my hand immediately and  pulled me along with her into the canteen, where a group of five were seated. Two boys with three girls.

“Do you know who am I?” I hissed, ripping my hand away.

“Why? Don’t you know?” She chuckled, irritating me more.

“Wish karo sare seniors ko!!”One of the two guys ordered me. I could feel my blood boiling and I would burst out now at any moment. I remembered my dad’s words again. I didn’t want to create a scene.

“Good morning sir” “Good morning mam” I wished everyone, gritting my teeth.

“What’s your name?” the fat girl who brought me here asked settling herself in one of the chairs.

“Rudra Singh Oberoi” I answered negligently, looking away.

“ Ooo!!! Maam kaun bolega bey?” She demanded.

“Rudra. Singh. Oberoi.  Soumya MAAM” I said, glaring at her. I had heard someone calling out her name, before.

“Hayee!! Gussa aa raha hain tujhe?” she laughed, throwing her head back.

That was it. I have had enough now!! She had tested my patience. I curled my fingers in to a fist controlling my anger.

“Bade muscles banaya tumne” One of them patted my back, walking up to me. “So, take a 20 rounds around college” He continued.

What the fuck!!! 20 rounds!! He had really gone mad. The college was located in a huge land of 500 acres. Was he insane?

I shook my head as a ' No'

“Do it as I SAY.” He growled.

“I am not doing it”

He stepped forward grabbing my collar. Something snapped inside me.

I lifted my fist high and about to hit him hard when some one stopped me holding me from back.

I whirled around to see the person, only to meet a terrified beautiful pair of eyes looking at me.

“Guys!! Stop it. It’s enough” She said softly, coming in between us.

“Hey! I am Bhavya, your classmate” She extended her hand.

My classmate!!! Iska matlab yeh sab hamari class ke hi hai.
I ignored her gesture and slid past through her to show the boy who he was messing with.

“We are really sorry. They were just pranking on you” she said, pulling me back to my place.

“Sorry?? Do you think I would take your stupid sorry for what you have done?”

“Look, I know it could have hurted your feelings but... But we are classmates” she stuttered.

Something shifted in my heart. Her apologize containing a sincerity. I took a deep breath.

“Your friends didn’t know whom they had messed with? I will pay you back for this”  I promised, and walked into my classroom.

......................,...

Rudra finished narrating the incident and looked at his brothers, who were biting back their laughs hardly.

“Hasee aa rahi hai aapko” Rudra pouted. Both of them bursted out, omkara punching rudra “Stop it now! I can’t laugh more than this”

“Aur Mujhe uss moti par itna ghussa aa raha ki, agar vo bhavya beech mein nai aathi toh sab ki band bajthi” he hissed.

“Haha!! What would you probably had done bacchu?” Shivaay chuckled, petting him.

“I would have shown her Rudra Singh Oberoi kya cheez hai!!” he smiled evilishly.

“Waise these Malhotra sisters are our tough competitors” Om said, staring into his brother’s eyes.

A/N: Hola guys,
Sorry sorry! I was really late this time. It's been more than a month now. I have been plotting Saathiya in a proper way as I didn't like my earlier one a lot.

I really promise you this time, I would be updating every week again.

And one more thing, just please go back to chapter 10, where Gauri and Om meets. I had not been satisfied with what I wrote earlier. So I edited it, making it a bit better.
Note that Gauri and Soumya are Malhotra sisters (  I changed their surname)

Thanks for all the love you showed. My love reached its 22k with 1000 votes already.

Don't forget to press the star button beneath. Take care.

Yours
Trushnamallipudi ❤