Song: Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran

Picture is Dylan;)

Enjoy the story:p

***************************************************************************************

"MOOOOOMMM I'M ON FIRE" I scream in distress.  

I'm on fire but it doesn't hurt or burn. Why? All I feel is a slight tingle and little warm. I'm not hot but a comfy or a cozy warm. Who knew it was so comforting to be on fire. Now that I think about it, I'm not even distressed anymore, I'm calmer and collected.

"Calm down, you guys are fine" Mom responds, not really caring that her daughter is on fire and her son is basically a popsicle. Great parenting, Mom. "Get up and stop yelling. The ceremony went well and I'm sorry that I stabbed you but it had to be done".

Dylan and I get up slowly. I expected pain but nothing, but I'm not complaining. We walk over to Mom, Dad, and Grandpa. Grandpa has my sword, which is still on fire, and Dad has Dylans, which is also still covered in ice.

"Amora, I'm going to need you to stand still and hold out your hand. I'm going to put the sword on your hand. Yes, while it's still on fire and no, it won't hurt. You're now the Goddess of fire and everything hot and I'm now sealing your gift" Grandpa explains. "Your Dad will do the same to you, Dylan and you're the God of ice and everything cold".

Even though he said it wouldn't hurt, I still brace myself for the pain. Grandpa places the sharp part of the sword flat on my hand and I watch as the flames engulf the sword until it disappears. Where the hell did it go? I look over at Dylan and see the same look of confusion on his face. His sword has disappeared too. 

"It's official. You two are now Gods" Aunt Kayla says. I hear clapping and squealing and look over to see Grandma jumping up and down in excitement. I forgot she was even here. 

"Let's go inside and explain everything to them" Damon suggests, but later adds "newest Gods clean up" and he sprints inside. All the adults run inside, leaving me and Dylan to clean up. Wow, I see how it is. I wonder what he would do if I lit him on fire? It's not like he doesn't deserve it.

"Amora" Dylan whispers.

"yes".

"What the fuck just happened".

"I have no clue" I answered honestly.

After cleaning up, Dylan and I go inside to find the others. We find them in the living room talking about what I assume is politics and taxes. I assume that because that's all adults like to talk about.

Dylan and I sit down on the couch, looking at them expectingly. We just sit there in silence awkwardly until my Dad broke the silence.

"Soooo.... Any questions?" really Dad? That's all you've got?

"Can I light Uncle Damon on fire?" I glare his way.

"Try and see what happens" he replies with a cocky smirk on his face.

If you say so. I focus on his hair, how it would look if it's on fire. I picture flames overtaking his head but nothing happens. Well, fuck.

"Damon stop!" Kayla yells at him. "Don't worry honey, he's got a forcefield that protects him from any magic. It's very hard to get passed, so don't give yourself a headache over it".

I just glare harder at him and he sends me a cheesy smile. Ass wipe.

"So I can light things on fire and stuff? Like, if Dylan ate my ice cream I could literally set him on fire" I thought but ended up saying it out loud.

"Yeah, but don't forget that he can also freeze you" Mom logically reasoned with me. Well, damn, That's so weird how we're twins but have opposite powers. Fire and ice. That's pretty cool I guess.

"I think since I'm the God of everything cold, I should have rights to all ice cream and tasty cold treats" Dylan adds stupidly. That's not how it works, nut squeezer.

"That's not how it works! It's my ice cream and if it did work that way, then I would get anything hot, which is basically everything you cook" I bickered back.

"Kids settle down. If anyone is getting rights to something, it's me" Dad jumps in. Ummm, were we talking to you father?

"Oooohhh James! Amora is throwing sass in her thoughts!" Damon adds. What the hell man! 'Snitches get stitches, Uncle Damon' I thought, knowing he was still reading my mind. How do I get him to stop? And why is he only reading mine?

"Oh don't worry sweet cheeks. I'm not only reading you" Damon winks. No wonder Dad and him got in a fight.

 "I think it's time for bed, it's been a long day and you two are probably tired" Mom buds in, trying to shush Uncle Damon. When is he leaving?

"Yeah, I'm gonna crash. Night guys" Dylan complies and heads upstairs.

"Me too" I add.

"Wait" Uncle Kayla shouts as we're half way up the stairs. We both turn to her, listening to what she has to say. "Happy birthday" she sweetly says with her dreamy smile. Aunt Kayla always had this sweet as candy look. I guess it makes sense since she's the Goddess of peace and all.

As we reach the top of the stairs, Dylan and I go our separate ways after saying 'good night' and 'happy birthday'. He looked tired so I didn't talk up a storm like I usually do.

As soon as I get in my room I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower. I can't sleep if I haven't showered or if I feel dirty. Plus, I need some time to think and the shower is where I do it best.

I wonder why I'm the Goddess of fire? Like, how was I chosen for that job? I could have been Goddess of memes or everything lit. Yeah, that sounds more me. Well, I guess fire isn't that too far off for me because of my red hair and bad temper. A lot of people were scared of me in high school because I didn't, and still don't now, take shit. 

One time in high school, I saw these 'popular girls' bullying this one girl for being what they thought was fat, and what I thought was beautiful. I marched right over there and handled things the way I thought was right... I cussed her out and got suspended for yelling some nasty words and 'disrupting learning' or whatever. They deserved it because no one deserves to be treated that way. I don't put up with bullies and bitches. I mean, we're all bitches sometimes, but some people are 24/7 bitches. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

After thinking and washing myself, I brushed my teeth and went to bed. Yes, I do sleep naked. It's more comfortable and I get hot easily. 18 and I already have hot flashes. It's going to be a long journey.

***************************************************************************************

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! I've written 3 chapters in 2 days so I'm on a roll. I'm hoping to finish this book by the end of summer, which for me is August 21st. Wish me luck because I have some work to do.

Anyway

Vote, comment, following and live life!

Stay cool my friends:)