Song: Sweet Creature by Harry Styles

I seriously love this song!

The picture is of Farah, who is played by the beautiful Shailene Woodley!

Enjoy the story:)

***************************************************************************************

I opened the door to my house and was greeted with the friendly faces of my entire family. When I say entire family, I mean entire family. Cousins, aunts, uncles, Grandma and Grandpa. Entire family means Dads side. My mom doesn't really have family besides us because she grew up in the foster care system.

"Amora, I think there are some things that we need to talk to you and Dylan about" Dad says. Nice to see you too father.

"Um, Ok" I reply, skeptically. Are there more secrets that I don't know? 

We all walk into the living room because the dining room is too small to hold everyone. We didn't really need a big one because the family doesn't really come here, we usually go to them.

Dylan and I sit next to each other on the gray love seat. My uncle, Lance is standing in the corner looking serious. I've never seen him with a straight face, he's usually goofing around and smoking pot. I think he's my favorite uncle. He's one of those guys who you can't help but love.

Standing to his left is Berry. Berry is a very calm and collected person. I wouldn't be surprised if he's some kind of undercover mafia boss. I honestly don't know how he's related to us, but I don't question it. He kind of just shows up at family events. I never see anyone talking to him and he's always just in the corner of the room, observing. I think he's just secretly planning to kill us all and he's deciding the best way to do it.

On the other side of the room is Grace, Macie, and Jake. Grace and Macie are twins and are always together. Jake is their older brother. They're Aunt Kayla's kids. They're Dad, also Kayla's husband, passed away 4 years ago in some freak skiing accident.

Standing in front of the fireplace is Dad and Grandpa, as usual. Mom and Grandma are slightly back and beside them. Lastly, on my right is Kayla and my left is Damon. I'm surprised one of them hasn't killed the other yet.

"As you know, you're now Gods. Some Gods have prophecies and some don't. Each God's duties are different and that's why we have called in the family. They're here to help complete your task in order to keep everything balanced. Some tasks are harder than others, but still, must be completed in order to avoid tragic consequences. Lance, being the family Oracle, will tell you your task" Grandpa explains.

I just look at him in shock. What? What does he mean I have to complete a task or duty or whatever? And what the hell is an Oracle? I'm so confuzzled.

"What's our task?" Dylan asks in a monotone voice. I don't think he's very fond of this situation. I don't blame him. Being a God is very stressful.

"That's what Lance is here for. He's what we call an Oracle. Oracles' jobs are to bring messages from the Gods in Asgard" Dad answers.

"You see, you're only half God. The real Gods are in Asgard. They wanted to interact with the people, but they didn't want to be treated differently because of their status, so they live through us. This way no one knows they are in the presence of a God and are their true self. Asgard is the home of the Gods. It's where most Gods live with a few exceptions" Damon adds in, successfully clearing some things up.

"What exceptions?" I ask curiously.

"Well, one example is the Asgard twins. They are the twins that rule Asgard. One is the God of darkness, death, and evil, the other is the God of purity and life. The God of darkness lives in the underworld and the God of purity lives in what you guys would call heaven. They are rumored to be the original Gods and creators. Every few thousand years they pick a human, that inherits a God, to be their beloved. It's very complicated" Grandpa clears.

That sounds interesting. So, twins pick a single girl that they share? Lucky girl! Two in one. I don't think it's for me, but I don't judge. I noted to make sure I ask Grandpa about it later. I'm curious about this exception.

"Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Lance has a message to deliver. Yesterday at exactly 2:14 am, the time Dylan was born, he got a message from the Gods containing his quest. The same happened at 2:28 am, the time Amora was born" Dad informed. I looked around for Lance, but I can't find him.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of large hands land on my scalp. I'm startled but something about the touch makes me calm. On instinct, I close my eyes. All of a sudden, an image pops into my head. It's me holding someone's hand. Wait? Someone's holding my other hand. What the hell. I can't see who they people are because we're all facing away.

As the hands are removed, my eyes snap open and I'm blasted back into reality. What was that?

"That was your quest" someone says from behind me. I whip my head around and meet the eyes of my favorite uncle. It was he who gave me that vision. It was he who gave me my quest. I don't get it... What's my quest?

Before I can question him, he walks behind Dylan and does the same thing to him. It only take's him about 30 seconds. 

"Amora, what is your quest?" Berry asks. Did he just speak? Since when did he talk? He's only like 25 but sounds 60 because of his deep and raspy voice. That's interesting. Today's just full of change. No, it's more like this week.

"I-I-I don't know" I stutter. What the hell is wrong with me?

"What do you mean you don't know?" Mom asks. I don't know, Mom. I really do not know.

"I couldn't tell! Lance, what's my quest?" I sputter.

"Only you know. What did you see? Maybe I can help, but I can't see what I receive unless it's for me". Thanks for the help, Lance.

Everyone stared at me expectantly. The vision was so weird, I don't even know what to say. I never was very good during pressure other than in sports.

"Pass" was my only response. Way to go, Amora. Choke.

Apparently, everyone understood and complied, because they just shift their eyes towards Dylan. I guess I bought myself some time to think.

"My quest was to freeze over glaciers in Antartica" he said as if it was the simplest of tasks. Good luck, brother.

"Congrats, Son" Dad bellows with a proud grin on his face. He looks as Dylan as if he was a God. Oh, wait... He is. 

"Amora, did you figure out your quest?" Kayla questions. 

"Um, no" was what I wanted to say but I didn't want to look stupid.

"Well, kinda" I blushed and looked down.

"Can you elaborate" Mom asked. No.

"Well my vision was me and I had a man on both sides of me, holding my hands" I explained, hoping for some help and clarification.

Collective gasps were heard throughout the room. Did someone fart or something? I look around for the cause but didn't see anything. I didn't smell anything either so what's their problem.

"What? Y'all good?" I ask with a look of confusion on my face. I was never the smartest person ever but I was also never the dumbest. But right now I feel really dumb. "Can someone tell me what it means and what's going on? I'm very confused" I pleaded desperately.

"You're the chosen one" Lance looks at me with wide eyes. What the hell is he talking about and who gave him pot?

"What're you talking about?" I ask still confused. I really don't like being out of the loop.

"God you're dumb" Damon mumbled. "The Asgard prophecy. You know the one we were just talking about before this?" Damon looked at me as if I was a toddler.

It suddenly just clicked. 

I'm the chosen one.

***************************************************************************************

What do you think? What will happen next?

I changed the plot from my original idea and I like this one a lot better. It certainly is different and I think that's a good thing.

Anyway

Vote, comment, share, and live life

Stay cool my friends:)