Chapter 2

Darkness was visible in the sky and I was lost in their beauty.

As I was imagining a better life, the Alpha's voice, Mikael Blackwood 's father, rang in my head, saying to the whole pack to meet him at the gym.

I started running to the pack house and changed into my human form and dressed. I reached to the gym quickly, because I didn't want another beating.

I saw the Alpha on the stage, when he began, "Welcome everyone. Today, my son, Mikael Blackwood, turned eighteen and today is his coronation day. Today is the day that he will turn an Alpha."

Everyone cheered.

Alpha Blackwood called Mikael to the stage and he had the biggest smile in the whole world. That seemed to bring different emotions out of me.

Alpha Blackwood continued, "Do you, Mikael Blackwood, swear to protect the Crescent Pack through good and hard times? Do you, Mikael Blackwood, swear to step up and lead Crescent Pack, and be fair to everyone?"

Mikael finally said, "I, Mikael Blackwood, swear to protect and lead the Crescent Pack, and be fair to all my pack members."

Lies.

Alpha Blackwood announced, "Then I officially give you my title. Today, you are Alpha Mikael Blackwood. Congratulations, my son."

They all jumped and cheered, while I held my heart in my hands. I was about to walk away when Mikael continued. "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my Beta, Hugo Wyatt, and my beloved mate, Shannon Armstrong."

Total chaos inside my mind as my wolf howled even louder, her cries never-ending.

Both of them reached the stage and Shannon clung to Mikael like he was made of candy. Mikael must have felt my stare because he turned and saw me with a smirk like he had won something. Like breaking my heart was his prize...

The former Alpha ordered everyone to go outside and celebrate the festivities, but I knew that nobody wanted me there, so I went upstairs and locked the door. But I knew that with one push the door would come down.

As soon as I closed the door, I dropped to the ground and started sobbing. All my tears that had been gathering since I was brought here seemed to flow.

I don't know about my real parents or where I am from... I just know that they didn't want me, and they never will because I am what everyone thinks...

Worthless, nothing, and unwanted.