Chapter 25

Pulled in slow motion...

A pool of red liquid surrounded me, but my hazy eyes were locked on the two men beating Hugo with all their strength. Caleb kicked Hugo in the ribs making him cough blood, while Garza, the man who was granted his freedom, punched his face.

A small female voice called, "Amelia?"

Slowly, I turned to see Winter with worry written all over her face, along with her unspoken tears. As more blood poured out, the weaker I was feeling, draining all my remaining energy. Small dots around my vision growing larger and the pain was insufferable.

Roxanne said softly, "I am feeling tired. I---"

My wolf, Roxanne, never finished her sentence because she was drifting to the darkness and soon I would soon follow. Suddenly, an idea crossed my mind and I lifted my head up to face Winter.

I whispered, "Heal me."

Winter echoed surprised, "Heal?"

I nodded as best as I could and said, "Please."

Winter held my face in her hands and whispered with fresh tears, "That could kill you. I can't lose you; I just got you back."

The dots multiplying and amplifying my vision making me close my eyes and re-open them. I waited a short while to take a breath.

I gained a small amount of energy and ordered her, "Heal me."

Winter froze but she tried again, "I can't do it. If you just wait and heal--"

I continued, after taking short breaths, "My witch and vampire parts will be salvaged over time, but my werewolf side... My wolf will die because the knife was made of silver, I can't lose her. If I lose her, Winter, then you will lose me too. So do it, please!"

A sudden realisation dawned inside of her and she nodded once showing me her stronger side. I understood her side, but losing Roxanne wasn't an option.

Winter positioned her hand on my wound that Hugo has caused and pressed lightly. Her eyes shot back as she started chanting the spell. The spell starts making an effect as I felt a small part of my body starting to heal. An enormous amount of pain in my ribs emerged making me squeal slightly in the process.

An unexpected gust of wind passed through me. Looking to my other side, I found Caleb looking hopeless and his face staining with small tears. I tried to reassure him with a small smile, but he ignored. Instead, his face still looked troubled making him more nervous. His hand held my hand lightly give me hope.

Caleb said in a mere whisper, "Milly."

As I registered his word, a small yell came out of my mouth as the pain increased. It echoed all around the woods. Closing my eyes in the process as the light started shining on my face making more unbearable. I could feel every single cell in my body adjusting to the original structure. The more Winter chanted, the more pain caused throughout my body making me hold Caleb's hand with my dear life.

However, something blocked the shine making me open my orbs once again. Instead, it was a someone... Garza stood there with different emotions, along with that Caleb looked up at Garza confused.

However, my eyes were locked interlocked on Garza's direction. His face showed that he wasn't in the present, instead, he was lost in his thoughts. I began following his eyes to find that he was staring at my still-open wound, ignoring Winter's chanting and Caleb's stares. His eyes travelled around to find a pool of blood.

Red. Red. Red.

Winter's words got louder and the wind started blowing strongly around me. Suddenly, another wave of pain rushed through my body, much worse. I could literally feel the skin joining together and closing the wound. I yelled, lost in pain, and arched my back as the wound healed completely. Winter's chanting stopped and so did my screams.