Chapter 12

Roxanne whispered to me gently, "Amelia..."

I replied bitterly, "Please, don't tell me that is our new mate..."

She huffed and said, "No, of course not, we already have one. Have you forgotten about that?"

I murmured, "How could I?"

Roxanne continued, "Besides, werewolves have only one mate. I never heard of two mate werewolves. We are stuck with that trash of ex-mate."

I exhaled and asked, "Then what?"

My wolf kept going, "As strange as it sounds, I feel a sense of familiarity, just like how I felt when we meet Winter."

I asked inside of my head, "How can that be possible?"

Before Roxanne could answer, the vampire shouted, "I don't want to say any business in front of the mutt."

Winter interjected, "Do not dare to talk to Amelia like that."

I tried, "Winter, it is alright. I can--"

Winter shouted at me, "ALRIGHT? There is nothing alright on how he speaks to one of my sisters."

The vampire looks baffled, "Sister? A mutt is your sister?"

Winter tried to keep her anger in, but was failing miserably, "Do not call her mutt."

The vampire's anger started to rise, but Winter took a deep breath and continued, "Why did you call me here?"

After some inner battle, the vampire said, "Your witches are crossing my territory and they know where not to cross. However, they--"

Winter interrupted, "Impossible. My coven knows which land is yours. We made a deal and we are keeping it."

The words passed from my lips before I gave them my permission, "You both share territories?!"

The vampire's blue orbs turned amber and little red veins surrounding the eyes gave a scary look. Along with that, his sharp teeth started to descend and now it was clear what was happening. Before the vampire could run, Winter's eyes turned backwards and started chanting a spell. The vampire was getting weak.

In that moment, I realised that the situation was getting out of control and it was my fault that this fight was happening. I started to feel this surge of energy on my bloodstream elevating and reach my fingertips.

There was no time to process when I shouted, "QUIET!"

Winter's hands were down and the spell was broken, also the vampire's amber orbs disappeared and his teeth were hidden. Their eyes were directly looking at me, a look of wonder. My ragged breathing were the only sounds heard, but the rest was silent.

My shoulders were pulled back and I tried to calm myself.

Winter muttered, "Amelia..."

I snapped, "WHAT?"

Winter flinched when I shouted again and I felt an instant guilt. But she recovered and continued, while the vampire looked between us, "Your wolf is in control."

I asked confused, "What?"

She took a deep breath and continued, "I can see your silver eyes."

There was a sharp inhale on the background while I looked at Winter's worried eyes. In the next moment, I felt someone putting cold hands on my waist and a warm wind on my face. There was a jerk when I came back to my senses.

I looked up to find the vampire with many emotions when I looked at him. I examined my surroundings and I realised that we on the other part of the woods, somewhere I didn't know. I registered that he had used his vampire speed to bring me to some other place.