Chapter 16

2 Days Later

A part of me wants an answer, but a part of me doesn't want to know.

Two days ago, I was kidnapped by a bounty hunter and lost my powers and wolf temporarily, which put me at a disadvantage. I am sure that Winter and Caleb are going crazy about my disappearance and trying to find me.

However, the part that cannot move on is my feelings. They do not make sense; they confuse me further. Then, they drive me around for hours before they drop me right back where I started.

His little touches make me feel alive and my skin on fire. His proximity makes me feel vulnerable and I can't defend myself against him.

It scares more than anything.

My heart is like a bomb, a complicated bomb that will result in a simple explosion, wrecking the world without rocking it.

Something feels different like something changed and I missed it...

Somewhere along the lines, I can literally feel every single mile between me and him. He has become quiet and tense each time he steps inside of this room, which I haven't left yet. I feel him distant and pulling away each time that I try to talk to him.

I can't understand. I can't explain.

There's a storm inside my head wondering at the same time. My thoughts are all interrupted by someone opening the door.

The brown-eyed man announced, "Let's go!"

I asked shocked, while I sat on the bed, "Where?"

The bounty hunter continued, "The witches and the vampires have moved to another area to search whatever they are looking for. This is our opportunity to go."

I sounded like a broken record, "Where?"

His simple brown eyes briefly looked at me, watching for a minute like we had lost in time. But as soon as that minute passed, things went back to normal and his orbs moved to the end of the bed. He touched my legs, which were bound by a rope, and he used a knife to cut the rope in half.

Putting his knife back into his back pocket, he told me, "Stand up."

Looking at him baffled and the only word that left my lips was, "Where?"

Avoiding my eyes, he forced me to stand up by holding onto my bound wrists and small back. Fully stood, one of his arms went around my waist and my bound hands touched his chest. Now, our faces were close and his beautiful eyes watched me with intensity.

I have passed through many eyes, but I only get lost in his.

Lost in each other's eyes, he gripped my wrists which made me wince and his eyes immediately looked down at my aching arm. A green line around my wrists was visible and as soon as he registered that, his whole body jumped back and turned around.

Being so close to each other triggered something on me, but also him... His ragged breathing matched mine and the fleeting moment of wrongness washed over me...

Why was this happening to me?

His words, his actions and his energy goes straight to my heart and I am confused all over again.

Why am I feeling like this?

My mind is killing me.

His back still facing me, he says, "Follow me, otherwise, I won't think twice about killing you."

He underestimates me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak and notice more than he realises. I know when someone is lying to me.