Chapter 4

It has been few hours since Hugo almost killed me, and nobody came to see me or punished Hugo. I was just an Omega who they could beat until I dropped dead.

That is all I meant for them. There wasn't an ounce of guilt.

I was still in the hospital bed and looking at the same white ceiling. It was already the next morning and everyone was still sleeping or waking up. Probably some knew what happened, maybe some didn't. I felt my wound that Hugo had carved in me, but it wasn't healing for some kind of reason.

I closed my eyes and I let my mind wander...

Things like running—why wasn't I? Was it because my wolf stopped talking to me and just cried? Was I just ignorant of what was happening around me? What is happening? What am I missing?

Why am I still here?

It didn't help that I didn't know how to defend myself or talk back. It didn't help that I had no experience with the outside world or knew anyone. Crescent Pack made sure that I was isolated from the entire world. That was for sure...

I should try to find my parents and ask them the questions that I most desire. But it wasn't that easy; I didn't know how they would react or even I. Besides, where would I start?

Maybe by the time that I get out of here would be in a death bed.

My thoughts were interrupted when a nurse walked inside; I recognised her instantly. She read my reports and avoided eye-contact with me. She would always ignore me and do her job quietly.

I took my chances and said, "Good morning."

I kept looking at her, but she didn't even dare to answer me, looking at the reports and checking my vitals. I tried again without knowing why, "Why did you do those things to me? Did I do some—"

I was interrupted by her irritated voice "Shut up! I don't talk to Omegas. You are below me, always remember that. Understood?"

I should have been astonished but it was what I expected. I nodded once and looked away from her. She quickly walked out of the room without saying another word.

I looked at the open door, watching the receptionists talking to some doctors and nurses. I imagined living in a normal world where I could be accepted, but wherever I went that wasn't possible.

My hand swiftly went to my stomach and the pain coming from there seemed to ignite. I tried to suppress any scream, but I let out a small one. Nobody came to check what was happening to me, probably wanting me dead.

I asked my wolf what was happening, and she whispered to me that our mate was with another she-wolf and I was feeling that pain. I arched my back when it started to level up. My heart started to beat rapidly, and it seemed like something was squeezing my lungs. I let another cry in the air and instantly some people started to surround.

My smelling senses already lost, the wolf hearing now deaf, and everything around me was madness.

Abruptly, I felt pressure between the shoulder and the neck.

In one moment, I was living, and the next, everything was gone.

***

I opened my eyes and I was in another dimension.

I was in the middle of nothing, I was just staring at the black background. There was just me and nothing else.

I didn't feel sadness or pain, I was just empty.

Something in me changed and I couldn't take it back. There was this serene feeling of void and anger starting to surface inside of me. In that moment, I wondered if I was myself...