Chapter 30

Dead silence.

We both were still standing in the same spot.

Although, my mind was all mixed up, somewhere that hadn't any beginning, nor end. But Caleb's words still echoed in my head.

Twin. Flames.

Who has ever heard of that? 

No one because it's not supposed to exist, just like second-chance mates. But I had hope, well before Roxanne informed me about my mate situation, then how can I... Regardless, I was destroyed and incomplete in every single way, like always.

I should have died when Mikael marked another. But I didn't...I am still a legend and a Royal. And now... a Twin Flame...?

His soft whisper, after fifteen minutes of silence, echoed within the walls, "What are you thinking about?"

My eyes travelled to Garza's figure, who still avoided my eyes. He had been doing that since Caleb told us about our situation.

I answered truthfully, "About us."

His angry eyes travelling to my figure, while he said, "Do you still believe in that? About us, after all, we heard?"

I frowned as I uttered, "Of course --"

Garza started to pace around the room without an aim. 

He interrupted me with frustration, "How could you? We were doomed from the start. First, I kidnapped you and you... You made me feel like..." He sighed, but continued, "Then, I found out that you were a Princess and I am always going to be just another bounty hunter. Not only that but also a legend ?"

He stopped pacing around and stared at me dead in the eyes, "How can I compete with that?"

I whispered, "Raul..."

My delicate hand trying to reach for him, however, he stepped back.

He continued, "You are perfect, the kind of woman that jumpstarts a heart into believing that love is possible. You are like the moon, you have a side of you that even the sun can't burn you. You are... You are flawless."

I shook my head as I explained, "I am far from perfect and flawless, Raul. You know that. You saw the memories that Winter showed outside to everyone. You just don't want to see it, because, in your head, I am this perfect porcelain doll. But wake up, Raul, I am nothing of sort. I am broken."

He uttered with glassy eyes, "No, you are not. You are a survivor and a true warrior. I am the coward. A weak werewolf that turned into a bounty hunter because he didn't know what to do with his life. You are so perfect, Amelia, it is you who doesn't want to see it... But I can see it clearly."

Garza turned around and stood there, trying to hide his tears.

I sat on the bed and looked at the white wall that was in front of me. 

I started, "You call me a survivor and a warrior, but there were days that I wanted to end it. The pain, the memories and so much about me. I was always a flawed, trashy and useless Omega. I am neither a warrior nor a survivor."

I felt Garza's gaze as he turned around, but my eyes still locked on the same wall.

I continued, "It was never easy. I don't like to admit it, but they had broken me. But my so-called-mate had shattered me. It completely obliterated me that lead me death."

I was so transfixed by my feelings that I jumped when Garza touched my hand lightly. I looked into his confused eyes.

I put my head on his shoulder and said, "When I woke up again, I had changed. I wasn't the same ever again. I- I stopped believing in happiness." But my head lifted when I uttered, our eyes locked, "I started believing in darkness, I didn't realise that I was starting to lose my light. But I didn't miss it, I just felt this hole in my heart that couldn't be fulfilled. I had made peace with it."