Chapter 26

Realisation dawned as my hand shot towards my healed wound.

Lost.

However, that thought was quickly lost as my gaze fell upon the man who spoke, "I didn't know you had a mate."

Speechless.

Roxanne whispered mysteriously, "I can feel it faintly all around me, thickening the air that we are breathing..."

Looking into his blissful eyes, lost, I stuttered, "I am—I --"

A sudden flash appeared on his orbs as his wolf begged to surface. Although, Garza recuperated his composure and took a deep breath to calm down. I took that moment to see his aura giving an essence of deep crimson colour.

He asked me, "Why did he reject you?"

And suddenly I knew...

I said sadly, like it was my fault, "I was an Omega."

He continued puzzled, "And he rejected you? Like that?"

It was time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.

I nodded slowly as my eyes locked with his orbs.

Silence enveloped around us as he digested my situation. After few heartbeats, Garza took the courage to ask me, afraid, "Is he—Are you still in love with him?"

I looked at him, speechless, as he questioned me.

I uttered, "My heart broke when my love wasn't enough for him. My heart collapsed when he couldn't see my pain. My heart shattered when he marked another. The answer to your question is no, I never truly loved him because I was never enough for him."

A shift quavered through the ground as my eyes locked into his. My orbs switched and I could see his aura visibly.

Normally, I could only see one colour but Garza's aura showed a rainbow. The air around us looked euphoria-like as did his aura, so full of ecstasy and exhilaration.

Roxanne, inside of my mind, acted restless as I continued to look at him.

There is no elixir on this blessed Earth like it.

I asked, bewildered, "What are you doing to me?"

Nirvana.

He whispered, "I don't know. How do I make you feel?"

A lovely sort of Déjà vu.

I continued with a puzzled expression, "Like running. I want to run until my knees tremble, until my breath feels elusive, until my heart feels like it is about to burst. That's exactly what you do to me."

Overwhelmed, a beautiful sensation travels around us, like energies of a thousand lives... Like my soul had known him all along.

Roxanne declared, almost to herself, "He isn't hiding any longer. His woody scent moves around us. He is different..."

When she finished, I captured his scent and engraved his presence within me. I couldn't help to experience a delightful shiver.

I dared to ask Roxanne, inside of my head, "I never thought I would ask you this, but could there be any possibility that he is our second-chance mate?"

Roxanne said sadly, after few seconds, "No, Amelia. There's something that I should tell you..."

I asked, "What?"

She said sadly in tears, "Your first wolf's mate was Mikael which lead to her end. I was your second chance of survival. As a sacred wolf of the Dark Goddess, I can never be blessed with a mate. He is not our second mate, Amelia. I am sorry..."