Chapter 9

She whispered in confusion, "Your eyes..."

I stood up and started to charge at her when the four little girls put their hands forwards and I stopped in my route. I tried to move from whatever it was but I couldn't.

Finally, Clara pushed the woman on her knees and whispered something to her. I tried to use my werewolf hearing but I couldn't hear anything, it was like something was interfering.

The woman's green eyes returned to mine and asked, "Who are you?"

I didn't say anything, just kept looking at her. There was anger inside of me growing, but I heard ask again, "Why are your eyes silver?"

I kept staring at her with a blank face, and her eyes looked behind me to find the dead wolves' bodies. She returned her eyes to me and warned, "Don't try anything stupid. If you do anything, I will kill you."

She turned to the girls and ordered, "Hands down, girls."

As soon as their hands dropped, the force that prevented me to move stopped and I was no longer frozen in place.

The woman in the black dress ordered, "Go home, girls. I will meet you there."

All of the girls looked at me and waved, "Goodbye, Amelia."

I smiled at their innocence and waited till they had disappeared through the dense forest. I stayed in place and waited of what would happen. I wasn't afraid of her because just like her I had powers, just different.

But as we stared at each other, the air between us turned tense.

I broke, "You let me go and you will never see me again."

She responded rapidly, "And what if I don't?"

I smirked, "Then we fight and I win. Your body will join the others."

Her face was full of amusement and asked, "Is that so? What makes you so confident?"

I said, "I am werewolf and--"

She interrupted me and looked at me with interest, "... with silver eyes. You are different than other wolves."

I asked her, "Am I?"

She nodded, "Yes. Rogues or not, the werewolves first order is to kill a witch. So--"

This time I interrupted her, "You are a witch?"

Her eyebrows knitted together and asked, "You didn't know?"

I looked away and said to Roxanne, inside of my head, "A witch can kill us."

Roxanne's annoyance clear in her voice, "I am not weak, Amelia. I can take her down."

I asked Roxanne, "Then we kill her?"

Roxanne's serious voice rang in my head, "No. Avoid it."

I was about to ask why when the witch interrupted and said, "You seem lost there."

I looked back at her with narrowed eyes, "Thinking is all."

A realisation occurred to her, "Your wolf? You werewolves are weird."

I remarked, "Says the witch with powers that can turn anyone into a frog."

I shrugged her shoulders, "Have done few to my ex-boyfriends."

I broke into a laugher and she joined me. However, I stopped as soon as I realised that this was my so-called enemy and my guard was up. The witch sensed this and stopped laughing as well putting her guard-up.