Chapter 24

Press play...

Stopped in my pathway, the grip on my arm pushed me back with such a force that my body collided with something hard, by the texture it felt like an ancient tree behind me.

As it collided, the pain started radiating around my body and as I moved my head to see who it was, I winced which led me to close my eyes briefly.

Before I could open again, I felt someone grasp my arm, where it was previously held, and I could feel the nails puncturing my skin. I concentrated on the pain that started to multiply, along with that, my vision started to blur.

A devilish voice snickered, "Still weak."

Frozen.

The blurriness that I had witnessed before disappeared and in front of me, I stared the individual that attacked me. I tried to concentrate on my pain but the only thing that I could feel was my anger.

I whispered, "Hugo..."

His maniac smile began to turn into a simper, a look of a coy. His strides started making a way in my direction and as I tried to stand up and defend myself, I fell back with a thud. My body was weak and as soon as I moved around, all my muscles hurt.

There's a setup here and I'm stuck in the middle of it.

I ordered, inside of my head, "Heal us faster."

Roxanne said weakly, "I am trying, Amelia. I am trying to heal faster but..."

A mix of desperation and fear mixed in my system as I asked, "But what?"

The conversation with Roxanne was forgotten as I felt tight hold on my arm. I looked up to find Hugo holding me and a sinister aura surrounded him. He used his strength to lift me up from the ground and pushed me harshly against the tree.

His smug expression stained his face as he looked at me, and my rage slowly building. I heard Roxanne, inside of my head, say that we were almost healed and my wolf already finding ways to torture Hugo.

However, the thought were lost when a sharp poke entered a sensitive part of my neck. As the liquid entered into my system, I could feel it travelling in my veins and something inside of me shifted. My strength started to cease rapidly, if it wasn't for Hugo's tight grip on my arm, I would have fallen.

I could see small dots in my vision as I looked up in the sky. I began calling for Roxanne, but I was only greeted with silence. I could feel a barrier between us and I felt like I was losing Roxanne in the process.

I tried to access Roxanne again one last time, but it wasn't possible. I realised that whatever Hugo had injected me with, Roxanne remained unresponsive.

Looking at Hugo's eyes again, I received an unbalanced look from him. His soulless eyes stared at me with such intensity that a memory started rewinding by itself. It took me back on that moment when Hugo had stabbed me with a silver knife and a maniac face that radiated happiness.

After some time, Hugo pulled the syringe out of my neck and assessed my condition, but still kept a distance between us.

He noticed that my strength was non-existent and I needed support to stand, so he changed his grip to my neck, chocking me, but gaining still oxygen, and pressing me again the tree harshly.

He said with a smirk, "All done."

Even if I had no power, my face remained emotionless.

I asked, levelled-voice, "What did you do to me?"

He started laughing like a lunatic but he was able to continue, "Oh dear sister, that was an injection that closes off your connection with your wolf, but unfortunately it doesn't last forever. However, it will give me enough time to drain all your strength that your wolf was trying to heal. Enough time to do as I please."