Chapter 28

Doubt can only be removed by action.

I watched my biological parents disappear through the path. Now all I could see was an empty greenery with emotions that overflowed intensively.

Sadness contoured...

Noah's voice catching me off guard, "Amelia... Amelia."

I shook my emotions away and looked at my uncle, Noah Argent.

He said sadly, "It was for the best."

I nodded my head slowly as I tried to hide my emotions and bottle everything inside of me. I began processing the words that were once said by my own mother.

Even knowing the truth beforehand, it was heartbreaking when she said it from her dark heart. A naive part of me hoped that Noah was wrong and all I saw was a misunderstanding.

We are only as blind as we want to be.

Roxanne whispered to me, "You will always have me."

Suddenly, I felt the warmth as arms wrapped around my frame. Instantly, I recognised that Winter and Caleb were hugging me, probably sensing my sadness. Making me realise, once again, that they were my only family. They were always able to tell when I was sad or happy...

Real family does not come from your blood.

Caleb murmured, "We are here."

Winter continued, "Always and forever."

It is the people standing beside you when no else is.

My eyes threatening to let the tears out, but I was able to repeat, "Always and forever."

Caleb let a small laugh out and said, leading us to laugh lightly with him, "Forever and ever."

Noah called out, a muddled voice, "Amelia."

I looked up to see Noah with curious eyes as he saw the bond between three different creatures; a werewolf, a vampire and a witch. The vampires and the witches were not surprised about our affection; however, the wolves were, including Noah.

I nodded once as an acknowledgement.

Noah said after clearing his throat, "Come here, Princess Amelia."

Briefly, I looked at Winter and Caleb with a blue aura, an indication of fear. I understood why...

They were scared that the werewolves would snatch me away, once again, from them and I would never come back. However, I wasn't planning on leaving either of them.

Fear decides the future.

I reassured both of them, "You won't lose me, never again."

I won't let that happen...

Both of them seemed satisfied with that reassurance as they broke the hug and took few steps behind. I fake-smiled at them to raise their spirits, but they could see right through me.

I looked back at Noah once again, which he was on top of the palace's steps. I walked up to him and stood next to him as he looked at the crowd full of werewolves, vampires and witches.

Noah announced, "She is the next Queen of the Werewolves."

The werewolves looked at my uncle with an illuminating happiness, while the vampires and the witches were simply surprised and confused. I was in the same state as the vampires and witches; I never wished power...

Before anyone could disagree, mostly me, Noah continued, "She is the real heir of this kingdom."

Choices, chances and changes are the basic reminders in life.