1

The Blacksmith hobbled up to Hiccup, a big grin adorning his face, watching as Hiccup was hoisted atop Fishlegs shoulders.

 "You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the Monstrous Nightmare tomorrow!"

 Hiccup had a look of deep confusion etched into his face, making it clear he was confused as to why Gothi had chosen him of all the Vikings to kill the Dragon. 

When Hiccup took a glance at the usually high strung, annoying, rude Astrid, he instantly regretted it, seeing her with a face of pure rage as she swung her ax about. 

She looked ready to murder him.

 "This is great, so wonderful, I am so...." Hiccup trailed off as Fishlegs carried him off out of the arena.

_________

"Leaving. We're leaving. C'mon bud, let's pack up, get out of here." Hiccup muttered, zipping up his pack. 

As he turned around, he jumped, startled to find Astrid sitting there sharpening her ax.

 "Uh, Astrid... What are you doing here?" He asked nervously, watching as she dropped the rock and hopped off the boulder she was sitting on. She narrowed her eyes. 

"I should be the one asking you that." She hissed, menacingly circling him. "No one just, gets as good as that so quickly. Especially people like you. You're hiding something." She growled in his face. 

Hiccup gulped nervously. "Uh, I am?" He muttered. Hiccup prayed to the Gods she fell for his lie. 

"You don't think I'm that dumb, Hiccup." She snarled, dragging her ax across the ground, irritating the earth.

 Suddenly, there was the sound of breaking wood. Oh shit. Hiccup thought, watching as Toothless stalked forward silently. 

"Are you training with someone? I hope not, you little cheater." She ground out, stamping her foot down angrily.

 "Uh, okay you've got me! I've been making... uh... outfits! Yes, outfits. So here, drag me back." Hiccup babbled out, putting her hand on his chest. She twisted his wrist. 

"OW, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Hiccup wailed as he collapsed in pain. "That's for lying to me." She then dropped her ax on him, getting a cry of pain.

 "And that's for everything else." Suddenly, Astrid's eyes widened in shock as she shoved Hiccup.

 "GET DOWN!" She hissed, watching a pitch black dragon run forward, snarling and growling. 

Suddenly, Hiccup jumped up and threw her ax down, putting his hands up as the dragon flapped its wings in rage. 

"Woah woah, easy bud. You just spooked him." Hiccup said. "I, spooked him? Who, is him?" Astrid cried in shock.

 Hiccup looked at her, then to the dragon. "Astrid, Toothless, Toothless, Astrid." The black dragon snorted before stomping off, and when Hiccup looked back, Astrid was getting up. 

"WAIT UNTIL I TELL STOICK!" She screamed, before disappearing into the woods, leaving a stunned Hiccup in her wake. 

Hiccup now realized what he and Toothless had to do. They had to leave forever, or they would kill his best friend.

This chapter has been rewritten as of September 8, 2018