7

Stoick looked up in pure awe. They had finally found it. The nest of the beasts. Gobber came up, looking between the mountain and Stoick before opening his mouth.

"I overheard some of the men- not me, of course, wondering what the plan was, and even, if there was one?" The Blacksmith sort of asked.

Stoick growled softly under his breath. "Find the nest, and take it down." He said in his deep voice.

"Ah, the old viking fall back, nice and simple." Gobber said sarcastically. Stoick chose to ignore his best friend.

Stoick leapt off the boat, glaring at the chained up Gronckle after they docked.

"Once that mountain breaks open, all hell's gonna break loose." Stoick said.

"In my undies! Good thing I brought extra!" Many groans were heard after Gobber's remark.

Stoick shouted, "Prepare the catapults!" His brother, Spitelout, began helping with a curt nod. Stoick gestured with his arm, and a flaming ball of hay was launched into the mountain.

It illuminated the cave, showing hundreds, if not thousands, of dragons resting.

What Stoick didn't notice was the Nadder, Gronckle, Zippleback, and Nightmare that had been recently freed from Berk sneaking past him.

He let out a roar, charging into the mountain.

*

Hiccup watched in utter horror as the vikings ripped a hole into the side of the mountain with their rocks.

He turned to see the Nadder, Nightmare, Gronckle, and Zippleback flying up to him, looking ashamed.

"We're sorry, Dragon Master. We weren't able to stop them in time." The Nightmare said.

Hiccup smiled sadly. "It's alright, you did your best." He said, scratching under the Nightmare's chin.

"It's time." Hiccup flew into the sky, Soundwave, Thunder, Steelwing, Isla, and the others following him.

*

The vikings watched as the dragons swarmed out of the mountain, flying away frantically.

"Is that it?" Gobber asked, scratching his head. With a shrug, he walked in front of the others. "We done it!" He shouted.

The vikings began to cheer. Stoick snarled.

"This isn't over! Form your ranks, man your positions!" He bellowed, sword and shield raised.

The mountain began to shake and crumble, something enormous emerging.

"What in Thor's Beard is that?" Gobber said, mouth open in shock as a dragon as big as the mountain itself emerged.

Stoick's eyes widened in shock and realization. He had underestimated the dragons.

"Odin help us." He whispered, terrified. "Head for the boats!" Someone shouted.

"NO! WE STAY, WE FIGHT!" Stoick roared. The creature set the boats on fire, spewing fire and lava.

"Spitelout! Lead the other men to the other side of the island!" Stoick ordered.

"Right!" With another curt nod, Stoick's brother began instructing the other vikings.

"Gobber, you go with 'em."

"No, I think I'll stay. In case yer thinkin' of doin' something stupid." He said, hobbling after Stoick.

"If I distract that thing, I can buy them some time." Before Stoick could run off, Gobber grabbed his arm, a determined look on his face.

"Then I can double it." Stoick smirked, before letting out a battle cry.

"Oh, I know." Gobber said, following with his own battle cry.

*

"Isla, take the Zippleback, Gronckle, and Thunder. Peel off to the left. Find out if that thing has a shot limit."

Isla gave a curt nod, veering off to the left with the other dragons.

"Nadder, Nightmare, Soundwave, follow us." The dragons flew towards the monstrous dragon who was charging up to fire when Thunder blasted her.

She roared with rage, and the vikings looked on with awe. Isla began speaking Norse, directing the dragons.

"Zippleback, firewall in front of her! Gronckle, spew on her eyes!" She ordered, waving a staff she held towards the Queen.

The huge dragon bellowed with rage and pain, crashing through catapults

"PUNY HUMANS! YOU'LL DIE FOR THIS!" She roared, swinging around to fire.

"Soundwave, you know what to do." The long dragon flew towards the Queen.

"Mother of Odin! What is that?!" One viking screamed. Soundwave let loose a loud shriek near her ear, making her collapse in pain.

When she gets up, she sees the Nadder trying to shoot spines into her eyes. She growled, beginning to inhale.

Suddenly, a ballistic moaning sound began to build overhead, getting closer and closer.

"NIGHT FURY! GET DOWN!" Gobber shouted, just as the elusive creature fired at the Queen. She bellowed, collapsing.

"Did you get her bud?" Toothless looked down to see Isla in his hold, giving him a smile. He gave her a gummy smile back.

"Yep!" He replied, gently dropping her on the beach. "Go," she whispered, ignoring the vikings rushing towards her.

"That thing has wings." Hiccup muttered, looking at the large, leathery appendages.

"Alright, let's see if it can use 'em!"

Another ballistic moan began to build up before they struck the Queen's side, who let out an enraged shriek. Her wings began to unfold.

Isla was cheering as they flew by, silenced when a sea stack was decimated by the Red Death's body.

"Alright, Toothless. Time to disappear!"

This chapter has been rewritten as of February 24, 2019.