6

Hiccup and Isla sat on the couch, smiling. Siren was carefully playing with Emily, making sure the little girl came to no harm.

It had been four years since Hiccup had left Berk and made his home here on Dreki Island. Thunder watched with a content smile as the two children played.

The home they had created had a large cavern above and below it, with enough space for Thunder to create a nest and Soundwave to live below, poking his head out.

Hiccup gasped when Emily tumbled forward, ready to leap out of his chair. But before he could. Siren gently caught her with her snout and lowered her to the ground.

Hiccup grabbed his own Book of Dragons. It did not have any of the kill on sight warnings, but actual information.

Information such as mating customs, eating habits, habitats, powers, etcetera. He opened the page to a sketch of Siren, which he had dubbed her as a 'Skrilling Death.'

He grabbed a pen and began to write.

This new crossbred species appears to be very docile around humans and is very gentle with young children.

Hiccup smiled as he gently closed the book and put it down, looking over to where his daughter was curled up with Siren.

Siren's power was much like her father, but instead, her song lured prey in, mesmerizing them with the sound.

It gave her the power to control other dragons. (Hmm... Sound familiar to you guys?)

She could also ride lightning and create blasts of electricity like her mother. Only if she was trying would her powers lure in prey.

Siren had her entire body coiled around Emily, who was starting to wriggle around while giggling. Isla was holding his hand, smiling.

"Mommy! Daddy! Look!" She squealed with excitement.

"What are you two doing?" Hiccup asked, a smiled on his face. A smile that was soon wiped off as a Terrible Terror landed on said face.

"Sharpshot! My face is not a perch." Hiccup scolded as he pulled the little green dragon off of him. He then noticed the telltale trembling of a terrified dragon.

"Sharpshot? Are you alright?"

"NO NO NO!" Sharpshot wailed, fluttering around.

"What's wrong?" He asked firmly.

The little Terror finally caught his breath.

"Berkians, off the coast. They're here!" The dragon exclaimed.

Hiccup looked utterly shocked. How had the Berkians found Dreki Island? He didn't have time to ponder.

"Steelwing, Isla, Soundwave, Thunder, follow me. We must destroy the Queen before the Berkians interfere. Protect our daughter, Siren."

He got nods from all of them.

It was time to destroy that monster once and for all.

This chapter has been rewritten as of February 23, 2019.