8

Hiccup and Toothless shot up into the sky, gaining altitude at the speed of light. Hiccup looked behind himself.

The behemoth queen followed, slowly albeit surely gaining on them with each huge flap of her massive wings.

"Time to even out this playing field." Hiccup whispered, getting a low warble in response. They twisted off, disappearing into a cloud bank.

The Red Death stopped, flying in place, snarling as she looked around. She roared with rage as a fireball struck her.

Before she could do anything, another hit her neck, then her underbelly. With an infuriated bellowing roar that shook the mountains, she spewed out a fiery wave of death.

Toothless' handmade tailfin had caught on fire, Hiccup realized when he tried to steer. "Alright bud, times up. Come on, just hold on a little bit longer."

The queen grinned, before speaking. "There is nowhere to run, you fools. Say goodbye." She began to build up gas in her throat.

"Hold, Toothless." Hiccup whispered. Just as she was about to fire, Hiccup shouted.

"NOW!" Toothless spun around, firing directly into the behemoth's mouth.

"Long live the queen." Hiccup said coldly.

As the ground approached, the former queen's eyes widened in horror. She let out a shriek of true terror, trying to open her wings.

Large holes ripped into the delicate skin, and she smashed into the ground.

"Come on bud, we can do this!" Hiccup shouted, weaving in and out of the engulfed body, only to come upon the enormous tail.

His eyes widened in terror.

"No! NOO!" Hiccup screamed, but it was too late, as he crashed into the monster's tail.

This chapter has been rewritten as of March 15, 2019.