3

Hiccup took off into the sky on the back of Toothless, ignoring the infuriated roaring of his former father. "NEVER COME BACK, YOU HEAR ME, TRAITOR?!" Hiccup swiped at his cheek, refusing to cry.

~Time skip of one month brought to you by Toothless licking Hiccup's face!~

It had been an entire month of searching for suitable islands to live on. Toothless flew them into a clouded bank of smoke, suddenly becoming extremely jumpy. 

"Hey Bud, what's wrong?" Hiccup asked, feeling concern for his friend. His eyes widened as the smoke cleared. "Oh my Gods." He muttered, eyes wide in sheer shock.

A desolate island sat before them. The one that the Vikings had been searching for since the beginning of time. 

"Helheims Gate." Hiccup uttered, still not sure if this was real. The island was covered in ash and sharp, ridged mountains. "What Stoick would give to see this." Hiccup murmured, still shocked.

"Bud, get us in there." Hiccup said softly, and Toothless flew towards the yawning entrance of the mountain.

 They watched as hordes of dragons dumped their catches into the bottomless seeming pit. Hiccup grimaced as he watched this happen. 

"Well, it's wonderful to know that instead of eating the food they steal, they just drop it into oblivion." Hiccup muttered, voice laced with sarcasm. 

A fat, slow Gronckle flew over the gaping chasm. He regurgitated one small measly fish, before scratching himself proudly. 

As it began its slow retreat, an enormous head shot out of the cavern, closing its entire mouth around the small dragon. 

It sent the large cavern full of dragons into a frenzy, as they all tried to fly out at once. 

"Toothless, we gotta go." Hiccup whispered, watching as the large creature began sniffing. 

"NOW!" They just missed getting hit by the large creature as it snapped its teeth at them.

 A furious roar left its mouth, and soon, it's terrifying jaws snapped shut around an unfortunate Zippleback's wing. 

Satisfied with its catch, the creature descended back into the pit of darkness. 

"No wonder you guys raid us. You have no choice." Hiccup said, feeling a deep pain in his chest for these poor creatures. 

"The Red Death." Hiccup muttered, remembering the large, red spikes on the pale blue body. And this will be our home, Bud. Dreki Island."

Chapter rewritten as of January 8, 2019