4

~Time Skip Brought To You By Hiccup Eating Raw Fish!~

Hiccup sat atop Toothless' back, patrolling their island together. Hiccup had new armor and a new helmet made of old scales that Toothless had shed, which were also fire resistant. 

"Hey Hiccup?"

Three months ago, Hiccup had accidentally slit his wrist open, and Toothless had licked the wound. 

For some unknown reason, the wound healed after a couple of days and left Hiccup with the rare ability to speak the language of dragons, which he dubbed 'Dragonese.'

Hiccup shook his head, snapping out of his stupor. "Mm, what's up Bud?" Hiccup asked, gently patting his head.

 "There's an injured Razorwhip down there on that ledge, a human girl is with her. She may be in danger." Toothless warbled, concern bleeding into his voice. 

Hiccup's eyebrows furrowed in concern, before he decided to have Toothless dive down to the ledge.

The Razorwhip let out a soft snarl, it's sharp tail whipping back and forth. Hiccup held his hands out in a non threatening way.

 "Hey, easy girl. I'm not gonna hurt you." Hiccup spoke calmly, so as to not set off the large dragon. The Razorwhip's head drooped, and her defense fell away.

"I am sorry, I am worried for my friend over there." The Razorwhip indicated the human girl with her head.

 "Her village found out about us, and I barely escaped with her safe." Hiccup began to reply, but the girl was beginning to suddenly wake.

Ugh, where am I? Why is my head spinning?  Violet eyes blinked open, going in and out of focus.

 Suddenly, her eyes widened as memories of the days events hit her. "STEELWING! WHERE ARE YOU?" She cried out in Dragonese. 

"I'm right here, Isla!" The Razorwhip bounded forward, nuzzling her friend with relief.

Isla looked up, only to see a strange man and a.... "Night Fury...." She breathed, eyes wide in shock.

 The man awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck before giving a shy wave. 

"Uhm, hi, I'm Hiccup, but I go by Arrow." He said timidly, smiling at her. 

The Night Fury gave a Toothless grin. "I'm Toothless!" He exclaimed.

~Time Skip Brought To You By... Umm... A Floating Potato~

Hiccup laughed as he and Toothless soared through the air, racing each other. Isla was ahead by about two lengths. "You'll never catch me!" She shouted, voice filled with glee.

 Hiccup smirked, gently patting under Toothless' neck. "We'll show her." He whispered into Toothless' ear. They zoomed past Steelwing and Isla, and Toothless crowed with triumph.

"You were saying?" Hiccup asked teasingly. Isla rolled her eyes fondly, lightly smacking Hiccup's chest. "You win because of Toothless." 

Toothless blinked his large eyes widely. "Who, me?" He asked in an innocent tone, pointing to himself. 

Steelwing let out a loud snort, whapping him lightly with her tail. "Yes you." She said airily, while Toothless moaned out in pain dramatically.

 Hiccup placed a gentle kiss on his girlfriend's cheek. "I love you, Isla." He murmured, running a finger over her cheek. Isla blushed, a smile on her face. "And I, you, Arrow.

This chapter has been rewritten as of January 10, 2019